[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend wants me to go see the ''Beach Boys''

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: promoted-media_56cf5fbbaed42.jpg (94KB, 884x497px) Image search: [Google]
promoted-media_56cf5fbbaed42.jpg
94KB, 884x497px
Is it worth going to the Mike Love incarnation of the group and from those with personal experience what was it like?

the Beach Boys are my favorite group but would this be worth seeing?
>>
Fuck no. I've seen Brian Wilson twice however and his group is PHENOMENAL

i happen to love brian though
>>
Anyone from personal experience

was it any good?
>>
well?
>>
If you want a legitimately good concert then no, but if the tickets are cheap there are worse ways to spend an evening I suppose.
>>
>>74845529
if youre not bothered by them exclusively playing kokomo and any song with "surf" in the title and the lack of original members, go ahead
>>
I've seen both Brian Wilson's and Mike Love's groups live, and this is basically a rundown of what to expect.

Basically, Mike is a better frontman than Brian, but that's to be expected. He interacts with the audience more than Brian, but does it very cheesily and not very tactfully. One example that stands out in my mind is that when I saw him he started pointing at people in the audience during the first few songs, and then said during the first little bit of banter, "I was pointing at people who weren't dancing, you know? You people have to dance to the music, I need to see people dancing. I love it when people dance to our music."

Also, and this is kind of unexpected, he plays a few more deep cuts than Brian, or at least he did when I saw him. I can't think of any specific examples but I remember thinking several times throughout the show, "What? He's playing that??"

Expect Bruce to sing Disney Girls (1957) but with a failing voice.

Last thing - although his band is smaller than Brian's, it's comparable and they're able to perform the songs pretty well for the small size of the band.

All this being said, I still think Brian's show was better, if only because of how much I love Brian. The fact I saw Brian's show as my first concert helped too.

But yeah, if you wanna see Mike Love's show, see it.
>>
Mike's show wasn't bad at all. Went in expecting to hear beach boys songs and wasn't disappointed at all. I actually remember being surprised at how many songs from Pet Sounds they played.
>>
>>74848912
>he plays a few more deep cuts than Brian
I don't know, Brian's setlists have been pretty bitchin'. On this leg of the tour, he's played stuff like Aren't You Glad and She Knows Me Too Well.
>>
>>74849048
I mean when I saw him he didn't play anything that stood out to me as a deep cut. Pretty much only the hits. I remember people talking about how he started to play more deep cuts about a month after I saw him, so maybe I just caught him at the wrong time.
>>
Bruce Johnston is literally the only talented person in that picture.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.