[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Collins received acerbic comments in the press following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

>Collins received acerbic comments in the press following reports about his retirement in 2011. He was dubbed "the most hated man in rock" by The Daily Telegraph,[11] and by FHM as "the pop star that nobody likes".[11] Rolling Stone journalist John Dioso acknowledged "the incredible, overwhelming popularity" Collins and Genesis achieved, but said that he had become "a negative figure in the music world" and that the reaction to his legacy was strongly unfavourable.[177]

>Collins concedes his status as a figure of contempt for many people and has said that he believes this is a consequence of his music being overplayed.[11][186] In 2011 he said: "The fact that people got so sick of me wasn't really my fault … It's hardly surprising that people grew to hate me. I'm sorry that it was all so successful. I honestly didn't mean it to happen like that!"[11][192] He described criticism of his physical appearance over the years as "a cheap shot",[180] but has acknowledged the "very vocal element" of Genesis fans who believe that the group sold out under his tenure as lead singer.[193]

>Oasis songwriter Noel Gallagher criticised Collins on multiple occasions,[186][187] including the comment: "Just because you sell lots of records, it doesn't mean to say you're any good. Look at Phil Collins."[188] Collins said he has "at times, been very down" about Noel Gallagher's comments.[11] Gallagher's brother, Oasis singer Liam, also recalled the "boring" Collins's chart dominance in the 1980s and stated that, by the 1990s, it was "time for some real lads to get up there and take charge".[189]

>However, in 2010 Collins alluded to feelings of depression and low self-esteem in recent years, claiming in an interview that he had contemplated suicide, but he resisted for the sake of his children.[225]

why is the music industry filled with so many bullies? phil is a good lad who's made some great pop/prog music, but these hacks won't stop hassling him.
>>
File: Gallaghers.jpg (31KB, 460x374px) Image search: [Google]
Gallaghers.jpg
31KB, 460x374px
>*blocks your path*
>oi ur fookin musics shite m8
>>
>>74844956
How many people have the Gallagher's bullied to the point of suicide? The INXS guy is one.
>>
File: but seriously.jpg (358KB, 696x700px) Image search: [Google]
but seriously.jpg
358KB, 696x700px
>>74844956
>oasis
>qualified to judge good music
>>
File: Image.jpg (530KB, 565x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
530KB, 565x1200px
>>74845072
He had those insults coming to him for fucking about with Liam's missus
>>
>>74844859
Stopped reading at 'Noel Gallagher's'
Why that dude gets any fucking merit is beyond me
Phil got overplayed in the 90's but not much. I like Sussudio and the In The Air Tonight meme toms
>>
He may be responsible for one of the best male duets in the history of pop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr9GJUcP1-g
However, he's a massive dick
The Gallaghers are cunts as well, but neither of them have written anything good
>>
>>74844859
>Collins concedes his status as a figure of contempt for many people and has said that he believes this is a consequence of his music being overplayed.
Agedfag here. This is pretty much on point. I remember driving around with my mom on errands in the 80's and we always laughed how we couldn't scan through the radio stations without a Phil Collins/Genesis song being played. Sure enough, without fail, he was being played. I even bought into the hate like everyone else, but now I know the error in my ways. Phil is the tits.
>>
File: phil-collins1.jpg (30KB, 748x420px) Image search: [Google]
phil-collins1.jpg
30KB, 748x420px
>>74845782
glad to hear you've come around. here's a cute phil :)
>>
>>74845782
more or less my experience. I respect his sound more in retrospect than I ever did when it was current. even when I was down on his music, he always seemed like a pretty chill guy as a public figure. I caught the re-run of his guest star on Miami Vice recently, he seemed to not take himself so seriously.

I'm shocked that normies have turned on him now, though. it's like bizarro world, they're the whole reason he was overexposed in the first place.

funny anecdote 1:
punk redneck Mojo Nixon had a song aimed at this type of boomer pop-star overexposure called "Don Henley Must Die." Henley himself caught wind of it and took the piss out of Mojo by going to his gig and joining him onstage for the song. Asked for comment afterwards, Mojo said something like "Don seems OK, guess I'll have to change the lyrics to Phil Collins must die."
>>
File: IMG_2290.jpg (51KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2290.jpg
51KB, 500x667px
>>74844956
>You got Best New Music on Pitchfork and so did Oasis and so did Beyoncé.

M. Gira: I’m down with them. No, really, I don’t like their music at all, to be honest. That’s fine. I applaud their efforts. I think it’s really good that we’ve reached a bigger audience. That’s gratifying after so long in the trenches. I’m also very pleased to be onstage and look out at a lot of young people and not a bunch of old people looking for the old music. That’s encouraging. It’s all been very encouraging. It was a very good decision I made to reform Swans. It’s been gratifying creatively and in other ways as well. But really, Oasis is utter shit [laughs].
>>
>>74846022
Mancs btfo
>>
File: Galga.png (2MB, 1000x896px) Image search: [Google]
Galga.png
2MB, 1000x896px
>>74846022
you massic cunt swans more like stick it up ur fuckin swanny as you were LG x
>>
Collins created the best pop song in existence, he gets a pass on everything.

And yeah, it's that one.
>>
>>74844859

>>Oasis songwriter Noel Gallagher criticised Collins on multiple occasions, including the comment: "Just because you sell lots of records, it doesn't mean to say you're any good."

The fucking irony.
>>
>"Just because you sell lots of records, it doesn't mean to say you're any good. Look at Noel Gallagher."
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.