[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zw -yrQb_5Q my first attemp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zw-yrQb_5Q
my first attempt at making music. thought about posting it here for /mu/ to listen to and maybe i could get honest opinions.
>>
>>74841180
bump
>>
The beat is weak and its too slow
>>
>>74842537
ok, thanks for the feedback
>>
Its okay, gotta have something apart from that part though >>74842625
>>
>>74841180
I like it
>>
>>74842752
thanks mate, i'll be uploading more tracks later on that channel
>>
>>74842656
ok thanks
>>
>>74841180
learning some theory will help you immensely
unless you were intentionally going for that sorta vibe, the groove you had going was the only thing, well, going. no other ideas, no sense of advancement through the song, just a bunch of noise after a while. the ending was pretty abrupt.

im not a personal fan of whatever genre this so you can take what i say with a grain of salt, but this just lacks a lot of stuff that makes interesting music. if you want a good place to start, go to musictheory.net or something, or just analyze artists you like, and take note of what they do to make their music sound good.
>>
>>74843554
thanks, i was kinda just messing around, i didn't really think too much, i'll try to improve
>>
>>74843874
Even just layering some ambient synth and some other field noises. It needs more percussion too, if even just an open hi hat so it feels like theres some kind of groove. You've obviously been inspired by some people. So dig deeper and find what actually makes their track interesting to you, isolate every little pause, every little noise, what is that sound in the background, is it a sample is it from something. As i listened to yours, all i was doing was adding a bassline and other shakey off beat percussion/glitching in my head. Even just a couple oohs and aahs for something to give it more structure. And for the love of god if youre gonna make it abrasive, then do it, add more distortion to certain bars, drop drums out then bring em in harder. If youre 'channeling your emotion into your first attempts' then experiment and push it a bit.

Tl;dr research more and learn how to eq/compress/distort properly and how to add limiters at least.
>>
>>74844013
But i shouldn't even respond. Go to prod and READ before you start asking things.
>>
>>74841180
sounds like a game fight soundtrack, it's nice

you need more precussion, something to fit the gap between the drum and the synth. probably a short cymbal sound would be good

cut down the effect at 1:40, take away the higher pitchs of it, that shit will kill anyone's ears
>>
>>74844013
it really depends on what his aiming for.

from where I stand this is something i'd heard while playing a heavy artsy indie rpgmaker game
>>
>>74844013
The main melody was me messing around with a synth noise. Thanks for the constructive critisism.
>>74844061
Got it, thanks.
>>74844096
I was kinda aiming at a videogame soundtrack theme, yeah.
>>
File: aishiteru romero-kun.jpg (19KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
aishiteru romero-kun.jpg
19KB, 350x233px
>>74844234
>I was kinda aiming at a videogame soundtrack theme, yeah.

then you are definitely on a good track mate
>>
>>74844283
cool cool thanks
>>
i think it's pretty good. like other anons said i guess just go for more variation/layers if you want but i kind of like the repetitive vibe. good track. howd you make it?
>>
>>74844341
Thanks. Basically, I was recording myself playing a synth piano, I took one part, sped it up and repeated it in audacity, added the bass drum, some vocals (that's me saying the only two words in the song"), messed around with some more stuff and boom there it is.
>>
that was way better than expected, just try to fill it with more shit
the problem with me is that i have too many ideas and add too many bonus things to the point where it sounds like white noise
>>
>>74844886
Thanks, I'll try to add more if I'll think it's necesarry, but right now I think this track's good as it is.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.