[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This seems to be the year where the dream of the 60s counterculture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 750px-Elongated_circle_1973.png (40KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
750px-Elongated_circle_1973.png
40KB, 750x600px
This seems to be the year where the dream of the 60s counterculture died.

>Nixon gets reelected
>John Lennon releases his first subpar solo album
>George Harrison releases his first (of many) subpar solo albums
>The Rolling Stones release their first inessential album
>Lou Reed crushingly disappoints with Berlin (yes he did, get over yourself)
>Bowie retires Ziggy Stardust

Thoughts?
>>
You would be correct. The mid-70s was the dead zone between the protest era and the punk/New Wave era when there wasn't a lot happening to sing about.

Aside from Quadrophenia, 73 really didn't have many essential albums.
>>
>>74832479
I think Quadrophenia is a bit less than essential but I've gone on a rant about that on /mu/ before.
Off the top of my head the only 1973 essentials I can think of are Innervisions, Selling England by the Pound, The Payback, and Fresh. That's just fucking sad.
>>
>>74832479
>>74832624
>Future Days
>Faust IV
>The Dark Side of the Moon
>Larks' Tongues in Aspic
>Flying Teapot
>Houses of the Holy
>Sextant
>Aladdin Sane
>Tubular Bells
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
1973 is considered to be the birthyear of hip-hop
>>
>>74832677
Several of those are meme albums (especially DSOTM).
>>
>>74832677
Sure.
Sure.
Low tier Floyd.
John Wetton is a bad singer.
>not Angel's Egg
Really really flawed but good.
Forgot this one.
Not essential at all.
Sure.
>>
File: santa.jpg (37KB, 560x393px) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
37KB, 560x393px
>>74832710
it's popular so it's irrelevant and a meme

kill yourself you fucking faggot
>>
>>74832807
DSOTM isn't the best Floyd but it's undoubtedly the most essential, same with Flying Teapot

Also I agree about Wetton but that period of KC was still their best incarnation, and Aladdin Sane > Ziggy Stardust
>>
with the exception of the stones and a few other things, 60s counterculture was a mistake
>>
>>74832891
The Rolling Stones suck though.
>>
>>74832677
Greetings From Ashbury Street?
>>
>>74832677
Billion Dollar Babies
Raw Power
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
>>
Nina

https://youtu.be/IqgcByaNyhc
>>
I think 74 was worse than 73, that was really the low point of the decade.
>>
>>74832434
Plus you had new rockers like Bruce Springsteen and Aerosmith
>>
>>74834765
>Aerosmith's eponymous debut album was released on January 5, 1973 and was virtually ignored both by consumers and by the music press. One reason for this may have been that Columbia put most of their promotional effort at the time into Bruce Springsteen's "Greetings From Ashbury Street". As guitarist Joe Perry recalled, "The first album went nowhere. No sales, no reviews, nothing."
>>
>>74834795
Yeah but Dream On was first a minor hit then before getting huge a couple years later
>>
Aerosmith really didn't get their sound down pat until album #2, especially Steven Tyler hadn't yet found his trademark vocal style.
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
Holy Shit.
>>
Wild and Peaceful, only if you're Turny though.
>>
>>74832710
your edge is showing
>>
Also the year OPEC quadrupled the price of oil over the Yom Kippur war.
>>
>>74832855
This
>>
>>74832434
Prog also started to run out of gas and you had the beginning of buttprog like Styx and ELO.
>>
>>74832434
SAY LIVE AND LET DIE
>>
>>74834846
why are americlaps always sperging out?

every 2nd thread has someone going >LE HOLY FUG DEWWD!

calm down, you hysterical faggot
>>
>>74835925
I applaud your effort anon but i'm not taking the bait. Sorry!
>>
>>74835969
it's not bait
>>
>>74834568
Alice Cooper is garbage, the other two are acceptable.
>>
>>74835981
*claps*
>>
>>74836010
you honestly don't think your "holy shit" was an autistic overreaction that is common across the greater 4chan?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.