[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is emo/skramz dead at this point? I've always wanted to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1475216104471.png (232KB, 265x334px) Image search: [Google]
1475216104471.png
232KB, 265x334px
Is emo/skramz dead at this point?

I've always wanted to be in a mathy skramz band but I feel like genres have gone stale. College kept me from really pursuing a band like that, and I just feel like I missed out on being part of a music scene playing music I like. Most of the bands in that genre have broken up, or have completely changed their sound at this point.

Given this, would it still be worth it to start an emo band?
>>
I think emo has the most potential of any genre to become a good fusion genre. Its realtivly new.
Like you see all that garbge "emo rap" trying to be forced lately.

But i think emo could be fused with ska, funk, electronic, jazz, so many other genres.

Actually i think this could be the time to create post emo.

The original emo already happened, emo pop happened. Right now i think The idea of post emo should be explored

Instead of making the same shit, experiment, progress.
>>
>>74832046
like >>74832156 said, just expand the genre, what other music influences do you dig? I got tired of my local scene not having any black/doom genre stuff so I started making my own material based on a few of my influences and it turned into its own kinda thing which I enjoy more than I thought
>>
>>74832156
Fair point, I just don't want to invest my time and effort into music that no one likes. I love playing, don't get me wrong, but I seriously want to pursue music.

I'll give the post-emo a shot. Been messing with effects lately anyways.

>>74832224
For sure. My local scene is mainly jangle pop and hip hop now. Kinda sucks seeing that shift in the scene, ya know?
>>
>>74832621
>I just don't want to invest my time and effort into music that no one likes
how do you know people won't like your stuff? also you shouldn't let the public opinion of your work mess with your output, that's how you grow old and wonder what could have been. If you like what you are doing and get confident enough to start sharing it and touring it around then of course there are people that won't want to hear it but fuck those people they probably can't even play so their opinion shouldn't matter. If deep down you want to only make money from music then you will likely go no where with it unless you are a prodigy or find a group of people who can push a sound that the audience views as interesting/unique and accessible.

>My local scene is mainly jangle pop and hip hop now. Kinda sucks seeing that shift in the scene, ya know?
My local scene is mixed between muh metal/hardcore/technical, '''''''''rap''''''''', indie/songwriter jangle, and cover bands. That being said I live in a med/large city that got famous for a few bands so telling all of the people around here to fuck off and do my own thing makes sense. The only issue for me is I haven't started playing live because I need a tech/roadie to get the things I want to do done while still playing live solo. Technically my pops is my drummer but he is really sick and can't play/record with me on a regular basis, it is hard to find other band members to trust and create with which is limiting in a way but you do what you must with what you can.
>>
>>74832046
I mean it's not for casuals so people think it's dead but the scene's alive
>>
>>74832046
hey you stupid idiot
how about YOU make the next best fucking thing and revive the genre, or at least be the last true nigga to ever hit the streets

now go and do whatever your gay ass dreams are you fuck

oh college kept me from doing what i wanted to do a bloo bloo bloo
fuck damn you lil white boi play your emo shit because you love it you fucking litl bich ass nigga
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.