[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't fucking stand vocalists. They contribute almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
I can't fucking stand vocalists. They contribute almost nothing to music and lyrics brings too much context to music. Song titles, artwork, the instrumentals, and album title are a better way to explain a concept than vocals. It takes more participation as a listener to understand a concept through those techniques rather than lyrics. There are rare exceptions like Stefan Burnett who are capable to make something cryptic enough that it entices a listener to understand what they mean.
>>
>>74830097
>posts that abomination
son, you're listening to drivel
>>
>>74830123
Even musicians like Thom Yorke don't bring much to music lyrically. The abstraction of melodies and rhythm are more emotionally powerful than lyrics.
>>
people who make music into this arbitrarily intellectual thing deserve to get shot

its the evolution of monkeys running around, hitting things with their hands and hollering like crazy. there's nothing intellectual about it, no matter how much you try to organize it.
>>
>>74830305
This is completely not true. To make someone feel something through melodies is far more powerful than someone writing lyrics to tell you what you're supposed to feel from their music. What you're feeling from a song with your own thoughts is far more complex than lyrics telling you what you're supposed to feel. You yourself can bring context to the music.

Then bringing in different elements like I've mentioned before, song titles, instruments telling a story, artwork, etc. make those feelings you get from music even more involving and intelligent. Because you're still having you, yourself, involved in their music by interpreting it how you want to. Not being told what to interpret by a vocalist.
>>
>>74830450
lyrics are just another instrument you fool.
>>
>>74830097
Then you don't like music.
>>
>>74830183
If you're telling me the song Let Down would be just as powerful without the lyrics and singing then your head is up your ass
>>
>>74830467
Instruments like a piano rely on a language of emotions, whereas lyrics rely on a literal form of language that explains what you're supposed to feel.

That's what I'm trying to say. Lyrics dictate, melodies are mostly open ended. One is a more intelligent and interesting way to make music.
>>
Take Possibly Maybe by Bjork, and then remove her vocals and lyrics. Would that song be as effective?
>>
>>74830542
Of course it wouldn't be the same. That song was designed around vocals in mind to be the prominent melody. If you were to design that song around melodies I'd argue yes it would be more powerful in conjunction to other elements bringing context and the instrumentals itself being metaphorical.
>>
>>74830097

Vocalists are 99% of a band, people hardly walk away from a band and talk about the beeps that guitar made or the time signature of the drummer.

The large majority of the world don't even go near instrumental bands for a reason.
>>
File: R-2780201-1300716350.jpeg.jpg (92KB, 597x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-2780201-1300716350.jpeg.jpg
92KB, 597x600px
>>74830097
>blocks your path
>>
>>74830513
nonesense.

melodies are no more open ended from lyrics.
>>
>>74830513
wrong
>>
>>74830097
SWISH SWISH BISHH
>memes are funny hehe
>>
>>74830305

using that logic, science is the evolution of monkeys running around, hitting things with their hands and hollering like crazy. nothing intellectual about it.
>>
>>74830480
let down isn't powerful period.
>>
>>74830097
Harsh vocals are the final redpill
>>
it's not like language is a direct transfer of experiences and emotions.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.