[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some other lyrically dense albums, /mu/? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

What are some other lyrically dense albums, /mu/?

I'm talking about albums that could work as poems, like pic related and Bob Dylan. What are some other non-obvious ones?
>>
File: download (5).jpg (12KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
12KB, 223x226px
>>74828413
obvious one
>>
>>
File: van.jpg (11KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
van.jpg
11KB, 244x207px
>>74828413
Astral weeks.
>>
LEONARD COHEN
>>
ITAOTS, Pink Moon, Spirit They're Gone, a couple Cohen and a few of David Thomas' albums are the only albums with serious depth. (Pink Moon being the only academic poetry tier; probably because Nick Drake studied literature at Cambridge)
Bob Dylan? Do you name him as a formality? because his actual lyrics are pretty vapid and abject.
>>
File: deathpile.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
deathpile.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>74828413
G.R. by Deathpile has some really captivating lyrics

not a shitpost I swear
>>
>>74829293
yes and

"Saw it written and I saw it say
Pink moon is on its way
And none of you stand so tall
Pink moon gonna get ye all"

is so much better?
>>
File: Kezia.jpg (44KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
Kezia.jpg
44KB, 325x325px
>>74828413
bretty good stuff here
>>
>>74829343
Than Bob Dylan? Of course.

Moon of course being the symbol of suffering in Drake mythology, and a pink one being one eclipsed by the earth. It's a great starter too, as it reappears often throughout the album and is juxtaposed to the album closer's
"So look see the days,
The endless coloured ways
Go play the game that you learnt
From the morning"
>>
The smiths' s/t (some songs)
Leonard cohen's songs of love and hate and songs of leonard cohen
>>
>>74829553
listen to side 2 of bringing it back home, or look at the lyrics.
>>
>>74829628
I'm going to take back the vapid and abject comment, but my point is that I really don't think he's as good a lyricist as everyone else thinks he is.
>>
File: Untitled.png (552KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
552KB, 1400x1400px
>>74828413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYfN70CGpk
>>
File: Endserenading.jpg (64KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
Endserenading.jpg
64KB, 314x319px
>>
File: Mount Eerie.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Mount Eerie.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>
anything by caroliner rainbow, although you literally CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT WITHOUT TEXT
>>
File: cover.jpg (30KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
30KB, 301x300px
>>74828763
>>74829711
really any Microphones/Mount Eerie album desu

this one might be a controversial choice
>>
>>74829553

Are you kidding? I'm as big of a fan of Nick Drake as the next guy, but he's nowhere near Dylan. Donovan maybe.

https://bobdylan.com/songs/desolation-row/
>>
People are love him / hate him but I'll throw my hat in for Springsteen.
>>
I'll throw some love to the ladies and say Joni Mitchell and Joanna Newsome.
>>
>>74829553
>being one eclipsed by the earth

ironically you just wrote a better lyric than these nick drake lyrics
>>
>>74830821
Newsom's lyrics are pretty great yeah
>>
>>74830754
Bob Dylan knows how to convey something cleverly and with some interesting references, but I really don't see much genius behind his tendency to enter self-righteous preachiness. And Desolation Row also demonstrates how he has a very poor sense of aesthetics. The song hops from symbol to symbol, disregarding whether the symbols are even congruent with each other.
On the other hand, Parasite is a similar song with great aesthetic sensibility as it refuses to enter into melodramatic theatrics. Drake isn't listing off what is devilish and disgusting, rather he describes an uncanny world where the evil specter is looming just out of site.
I just think the style is more sincere.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.