[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do hip hop producers have the worst case of imposter syndrome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
do hip hop producers have the worst case of imposter syndrome?

imagine riding on the coattails of another artist's songwriting, stealing a sample would drive me nuts
>>
>>74823583
samples make music dope
https://mcraigculbertson.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>74823606
and some producers don't use samples at all. i meant that for example the 'touch the sky beat,' almost 100% of the songwriting credit belongs to Curtis Mayfield
>>
Almost every sample on a commercial album since 1995 has been paid/cleared. Sampled artists even get writing credits on some albums. Mixtapes don't count as commercial albums.
>>
>>74823645
i don't know which beat you are talking about homie
>>
>>74823653
the producers themselves though, I wonder if they have imposter syndrome about not being able to literally produce the sample they picked.

>>74823723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwQbuAGLj4
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z66wVo7uNw
>>
99% of the music industry is fake people.

These people don't have souls, and if they do, they've ignored every last shred of common sense and inner conscious to the point that they've lost track of who they really were.

Go into a Soundcloud thread and you can see all the people in the process of denying their true artistry.

Electronic "music" has largely been exploited.

Now any idiot with Fruit Loops act like they're going to be playing Cochella next year.
>>
>>74823795
>Go into a Soundcloud thread and you can see all the people in the process of denying their true artistry.

what
>>
>>74823795
This.

I've fuckin been there when I was younger
>>
Depends mate. A lot of hip hop songs are rather lazy copy and paste, yeah, but then you get people who take 50 obscure Brazilian bossa-nova/jazz records, listen to all of them, single out a few elements from the whole mix, then rip all that into a beat. That's even without getting into plunderphonics, a whole genre based around taking pieces of other music and making stuff with it.
>>
>>74823583
sampling is the art of taking a chunk of some other song and using that as an individual note in a new composition
this is simply the complexity continuum proceeding as normal
>>
DJ Shadow literally improve every artist he sampled on End.
Literally most of those artist were nobody until Shadow came along.
Rock fags need to open their eyes.
>>
>>74823606
>dope
this is an 18+ website
>>
>>74823864
>>74823873
yeah, I didn't really mean to include artists like DJ Shadow or the dust brothers or the bomb squad.

entirely depends on the artist, vaporwave is bad too
>>
>>74823920
Yeah. I could see that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.