[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you actually find new music, /mu/?* Do you just always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

How do you actually find new music, /mu/?*

Do you just always buy the newest stuff from your favorite bands?
Listen to the recommendation of friends?
Listen to different playlists/radios on the various streaming websites?

*It's such a flood of songs and titles out there, that you can actually get overwhelmed.
>>
I usually look at artists who have worked with artists I already like.
>>
Sometimes in /mu/ sharethreads or threads in general, sometimes RYM year or genre charts, sometimes by chance on the YouTube sidebar or something. I don't use Spotify or pandora or anything like that.
>>
I go through all the stuff of an artist if I hear one of their records, then I find their label and go through everyone on it. Then that genre etc ad nauseum. The hardest part is keeping track of all the music, I write down every new item I get in my library otherwise the amount I take in leads me to forget some of it exists.
>>
>>74816980
Record labels
>>
>>74816980
I click on the side panel thingy on youtube.

Are you going to laugh at me because of that or what
>>
>>74816980
In /mu/ sharethreads, in RYM lists or charts, in websites like progarchives, or through friends you can discover a lot of new music.
>>
I talk to strangers, friends, and download/buy random EPs/albums.
And browsing discogs.
>>
>>74816980
recs in collage/chart threads and spotify, sometimes i'll hear something good on the radio i'm not already familiar with
>>
File: IMG_20170827_000334.jpg (137KB, 1200x1174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170827_000334.jpg
137KB, 1200x1174px
related artists on spotify & last.fm, /mu/ sometimes, occasionally download random stuff on soulseek and generally just hearing about stuff on the internet and in real life
>>
>>74816980
I browse /metal/
>>
Charts/collage threads and rym, that's all.
>>
>>74816980
I know I'll get made fun of for this, but Spotify's discover weekly playlist is actually pretty good for finding new shit. I swear it knows my tastes better than I do.
>>
>>74820053
That's true, I've discovered a ton of great shit and I barely even listen to music on there
>>
Last.fm and chart threads
>>
Unironically reddit
>>
Browse through Discogs mainly, listing the current year of Master releases
>>
>>74820053
Also this but for Apple Music
>inb4
>>
>>74816980
I keep up with record labels I like and look at the similar artists thing on last.fm. I also talk to people at shows and get recs in person. Also, the quietus has a good recurring feature where they have an artist talk about their fav albums and such, which always has some neat stuff in it
>>
>>74820238
Kek, post your chart
>>
>>74816980
I use /mu/ share threads, /mu/ genre charts, searching for related artists, Melon rarely but it happened before, last.fm recommendations, blogspots
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.