[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"I don't really have a life philosophy; my thing is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Kerry-King.jpg (78KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
Kerry-King.jpg
78KB, 625x417px
"I don't really have a life philosophy; my thing is just rebelling against pretty much organized religion. That is my main thing, because personally I think it's a crutch for people that are too weak to get through life on their own. I'm the kind of guy that says if I don't see it, then it doesn't work. And nobody can show me God. If I were a comic book supervillain, I'd like to have the power to make a church burst into flames by walking inside it."
>>
>metal
>>
>>74815502
most of their good songs were written by hanneman anyway
>>
Poor Kerry King. He's in his 50s and his mental development stopped at 14.
>>
>>74815502
Has he ever criticised Islam or the Jews?
>>
>>74816273
do any of these (((atheists))) ever have anything to say about the other abrahamic religions? nope, it's always christianity
>>
File: Repentless.png (28KB, 355x792px) Image search: [Google]
Repentless.png
28KB, 355x792px
>a 50 year old man wrote these lyrics
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Reign In Blood [Def Jam, 1986]

I'm not exactly about to check out the complete works of Venom to see if you can't do better, but anyone wondering what gets Washington ladies off these days is advised to beg, buy, borrow, or steal this piece of, quote, speed Satanism, un quote. Rick Rubin focused, CBS passed, guitar's quicker than a theremin on reverb. And to top it off, "Jesus Saves" mauls the enemy, which as we all know isn't Jesus, or Satan for that matter. B+
>>
>>74817264
>Christgau giving a metal record a B+
I never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>>74817295
I think he got a kick out of RIB because the high speed guitar and vocals are so ridiculous and over-the-top.
>>
File: which one of our albums.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
which one of our albums.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>74817168
Do you honestly think Slayer fans will quibble with that? They know what they're getting and they eat it up anyway.
>>
>>74817399
I mean, nobody really cares about AC/DC being in their 60s and making the same album for decades.
>>
File: 1437109494868.png (174KB, 429x491px) Image search: [Google]
1437109494868.png
174KB, 429x491px
>>74815502
>Tribal tattoos
>On you fucking skull
>>
>>74817168
Nobody cares about lyrics in metal
I could listen to a song about sucking dick if the riffs are good and if the vocalist's energetic enough
>>
>>74817441
That's why critics don't like metal, because it relies on sounds rather than lyrics and it's hard to describe sounds, so they can't really write much about it.
>>
Ever been to a Slayer concert? Holy god, you've never seen so much white trash in your life.
>>
>>74817168
I think I wrote this song when I was 13.
>>
>>74817409
That's the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>74817470
Tyere's also the fact that it's hard to get into and "it sucks" is easier to say that "I don't get it"
And the fact that the metal community hates critics in general so the effort of getting into metal isn't worth it for them
>>
>>74817856
Can't say punk is any better in that regard, yet critics dickride it hard.
>>
>>74817657

What were you doing there
>>
As much as I love everything this band did with all my heart up until Season in the abyss, what Kerry King is doing now is cringe worthy and Tom's vocals sound like an old man taking a shit.
>>
>>74818183
>and Tom's vocals sound like an old man taking a shit

Big deal, James Hetfield has sounded like that for over 20 years.
>>
>>74818219
>put on Death Magnetic
>wait, why is George C. Scott singing on a Metallica album?
>>
>>74817699
lal
>>
I'll give Slayer a hand, they've never released anything as disgustingly commercial/sellout as Youthanasia or Load.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.