[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or are most albums fucking long as shit these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1502067816848.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502067816848.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
Is it just me or are most albums fucking long as shit these days?

A few years ago I considered 55 mins to be a very long album. Anything longer than that was probably a double album or something experimental. It feels like the past couple years have seen VERY mainstream albums that are regularly well over an hour long.
>>
In the case of rap albums, jamming your album with skits and snippets of songs and just filler tracks in general helps boost the amount of streams an album gets when you listen to all of it.
>>
ritalinconcertaadderallvyvanse
>>
>>74808224
this
>>
>>74808224
>In the case of rap albums, jamming your album with skits and snippets of songs and just filler tracks in general helps boost the amount of streams an album gets when you listen to all of it.

This would suggest that rappers were releasing albums of moderate length but with many tracks, however.

More often I see rap albums that are just LONG. Lots of tracks between 3 and 5 minutes long. 1 hour 10 min running time or more. Surely if they wanted more streams per track they'd release shorter albums so people don't tune out before the end?
>>
>>74808228
aren't these the things you snort when you cant find coke
>>
something something digital format something playlist culture blah blah
>>
anything longer than 40ish minutes wouldn't be able to fit on one record but now music can be sold in neat little file packages and in jewel cases you can put in your pocket
albums can be longer because artists can afford to make them longer
>>
>>74808193
>Death Grips album
>perfect time around 40 minutes
>>
>>74808298
fucking cool
>>
>>74808193
70 minute albums have been a VERY common thing since the cd was introduced.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.