[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disliking the Ramones is like disliking the Beatles. You're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Johnny-Ramone.jpg (119KB, 480x723px) Image search: [Google]
Johnny-Ramone.jpg
119KB, 480x723px
Disliking the Ramones is like disliking the Beatles. You're not impressing anyone.
>>
That's ok, not interested in impressing people. Just happy if they don't play that cheesy glam anywhere near me.
>>
>one of the most varied and interesting careers in early rock music
>one of the most repetitive that lacked growth between albums
Idk man
>>
Maybe I dislike both because it's trash with zero substance
Just like this thread
>>
>>74807278
Neither of them were glam bands you fuckin idiot>>74807288
How's that new King Gizzard album treating you?
>>
>>74807311
He was being facetious. Glam... The Beatles and the Ramones aren't the peak of musical thought, just get over yourself.
>>
>>74807229
You sure showed me OP, I need to impress you so I will just change my opinion on your country's garbage that you try to call punk to imply you had anything to do with the movement
>>
File: froggy.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
froggy.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
ITT: people not impressing me
>>
>>74807311
I don't listen to rock music you poor projecting little mouthbreather
>>
>>74807460
>I use the word projecting at every opportunity to feel like I won the argument
sick
>>
>>74807488
Was that not what you were doing?
>>
>>74807311
Ramones were just stripped down glam metal. Play it a bit faster, play it a bit dumber and don't wear Gary Glitter boots but otherwise little difference. Just calling yourself punk, a term older than the music they played, doesn't make them punk.
>>
>>74807539
No and I'm not even that guy.
>>
>>74807381
what about The Stooges
>>
>>74807593
Sure you aren't.
>>
>>74807381
US invented punk and no country played it better
>>
>>74807803
this. and don't ever forget it you fucking retards.
>>
>>74807578
That's retarded because glam metal was an 80s thing. Any glam metal song that sounds Ramones like is because that band probably liked the Ramones. That doesn't make the Ramones a glam metal band.
>>
I like the Ramones, mainly as a novelty for the aesthetic. It appeals to me. Haven't listened to them in years, though.
Wouldn't compare them to the Beatles at all, they're really just a t-shirt that plays skateboarding soundtracks.
>>
>>74807381
>your country's garbage that you try to call punk to imply you had anything to do with the movement
this is just straight up ignorance
>>
>>74807853
That's a retroactive view of the band. Before all the bullshit marketing they made good songs. They weren't being compared to the Beatles musically. It was just saying they're a classic band that should be respected.
>>
File: 35346.gif (475KB, 424x332px) Image search: [Google]
35346.gif
475KB, 424x332px
>>74807803
>tfw he's being serious
>>
>>74807539
No. Not unless he's secretly a King Gizzard fan and ashamed of that fact.

He was assuming things about you, which isn't the same thing.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
>>
>>74807923
The first punk band was the Stooges. Sid Viscous is a bad joke that went too far.
>>
>>74807923
US did invent punk. Pretty much every country played it better though.
>>
>>74807999
Shonen Knife play the Ramones better than the Ramones
>>
>>74807898
Oh yeah, I agree. They were hugely influential on Them Misfits and all the other pogo punk bands.
>>
>>74808053
this is true. usually female vocalists don't work but they pull it off so well somehow
>>
>>74808053
accurate
>>
>>74807229
death was before stooges and mc5, point being, the us did it better. the blues came from the us, and rock and roll came from the us. everything else from anywhere else is flattering.
>>
>>74808334
the stooges and mc5 started in the 60s. Death started in the early 70s.
>>
>>74807229
this thread is fucking trash

way to go OP

you made a horrible fucking thread
>>
>>74808357
yes. i stand corrected. the rest of the point stands as well.
>>
don't even try to shitpost with the ramones
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.