[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Ginger Baker regarded as the greatest rock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: gingerbaker7.jpg (37KB, 550x360px) Image search: [Google]
gingerbaker7.jpg
37KB, 550x360px
Why isn't Ginger Baker regarded as the greatest rock drummer of all time?
>>
Who
>>
he kind of is desu
>>
I don't know why isn't strawberry universally regarded as the best ice cream flavor?
Why do you ask these mind-numbingly retarded questions?
>>
Because he's not a Rock drummer
>>
File: Danny_C.jpg (78KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
Danny_C.jpg
78KB, 600x416px
because he's not Dan Dan the Man
>>
Modern Drummer magazine has described him as "one of classic rock's first influential drumming superstars of the 1960s" and "one of classic rock's true drum gods".[44] AllMusic has described him as "the most influential percussionist of the 1960s" and stated that "virtually every drummer of every heavy metal band that has followed since that time has sought to emulate some aspect of Baker's playing".[45] Although he is widely considered a pioneer of heavy metal drumming, Baker has expressed his repugnance for the genre.[46]

Drum! magazine listed Baker among the "50 Most Important Drummers of All Time" and has defined him as "one of the most imitated '60s drummers",[47] stating also that "he forever changed the face of rock music".[48] He was voted the ninth greatest drummer of all time in a Rolling Stone reader poll and has been considered the "drummer who practically invented the rock drum solo".[49] In 2016, he was ranked 3rd on Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Drummers of All Time".[50]

Literally three seconds on wikipedia you fucking moron
>>
>>74806795
I thought he was.
Partly its Cream weren't around for long, partly its because he didn't parlay it into much ("Ginger Baker's Airforce" anyone?), largely itself because he was a drug addict, but more than anything else its because he is a complete and utter cunt and nobody wants nice things for him.
Fucking amazing drummer though, assiduous student of jazz and visits to Africa to do the whole ethnomusicology thing etc. And a cunt, as previously stated.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.