[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has /mu/ got any tips for starting to write more serious, emotional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: inside is sour.png (1MB, 1468x672px) Image search: [Google]
inside is sour.png
1MB, 1468x672px
Has /mu/ got any tips for starting to write more serious, emotional lyrics as opposed to singing about literal memes and 4chan boards?

I've been writing songs about how the inside is yellow, getting dubs or how [esfores] is a nice board for the past couple of years, but whenever I try to write something more serious and emotional it ends out sounding cringy and pathetic. What do I do, aside from killing myself?
>>
jus b urself
>>
>>74798547
find somebody with a fucked up life that you know. and larp as them
>>
>>74798852
but i'm a walking meme

>>74798855
putting myself in someone else's shoes won't help me I'm afraid, because it's precisely trying to write about the problems alien to me when I do embarrasing shite. And my problems are so meaningless and boring that no one will want to hear about them.
>>
>>74798885
>
Don't
>>
>>74798547
Just finish and release your 4chan/meme album. I really want to hear it.
>>
>>74799013
I'm gonna do it this year for sure, just wondering what to do and how to do it next
>>
>>74799053
You need to transcend humanity and become a meme, my friend.
>>
Have genuine life troubles that require venting.

Focus on making simple lyrics sound more emotional. I.e not the words but the delivery

Do it like an actor would, create emotional anchor points over life events e.g someone dying to evoke on command for a song

Drink alcohol then write/sing
>>
>>74798547
sing about emotional shit through memes
>>
>>74799053
send your bandcamp so I can bookmark it
>>
>>74798547
I try to study poetry of my language and through what I pick up from that use to express myself.
>>
Have something terrible happen to you, like kill your mother or some shit

Your lyrics will improve 500%
>>
just do it stream of consciousness, write whatever the fuck comes to your mind and usually it forms itself into a general idea
>>
>>74801497
I usually think in memes and puns, so eh

>>74801430
that's a really good idea, English is not my first language and I never delved into English poetry, but I think I'll try that. Thank you!

>>74801467
I don't want to be an edgelord bby

>>74800317
I don't have a bandcamp for this project yet, sorry!
>>
>>74798547
if it doesnt feel right then dont do it.
or you could take the 70s prog approach and just talk about magic and wizards/steal all your lyrics from mythology while tying it in to relevant shit
as long as the music is good who really gives a shit
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.