[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Manson's work? I like his covers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1415853230_1.jpg (175KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
1415853230_1.jpg
175KB, 480x680px
What do you think of Manson's work?

I like his covers a lot, everything else seems somewhat hit or miss.
>>
i like his first four albums for the fun and catchy pop-metal that they are, would prob be considered minor classics if it weren't associated with manson himself and the edgelord image that he cultivates
>>
>>74787522
He will never surpass Mechanical Animals.
>>
Mechanical Animals was incredible, such a vivid album.

It just sort of captured the whole cyber excitement of the internet as it was just coming of age, all of those songs are pretty great.

Great Big White World is probably my favourite song of MM, it's just so huge.

I'd rank the albums:

Mechanical Animals
Antichrist Superstar
Golden Age
Holy Wood
Portrait
all the others that rightly or wrongly I don't really give a shit about, although I'll give Pale Emperor more attention soon.
>>
>>74787522
He's a hack who's only talent is being edgy and "shocking". Now that everyone has grown numb to it he's nothing, just like his label.
>>
>>74789517
I don't know if that makes him a hack or of his time?

This is around the same time as eminem remember? Remember when he used to be truly shocking?

These are musicians who were accused of influencing children into shooting up their fucking schools, it was pretty shocking stuff at the time and now...
>>
I really like Mechanical Animals and Golden Age because they capture todays society and its obsession with technology (Animals) as well as the end of new ideas in popculture (Golden Age).
I don't get the "fame" of Antichrist superstar tho.
>>
>>74789672

He also predicted traps
>>
Whats going on with his new album?

Is he just being lazy about releasing it?
>>
>>74787522
I met the guy who designed those glasses.
>>
>>74791714
Trent Reznor is producing it now.
>>
>>74791714
Pretty much. It was supposed to be out or a video was supposed to be out in February. Now no one is sure.
>>
I wouldn't be a music fanatic if it weren't for him. I was a countryboy in europe and back in the day, it was almost impossible to hear anything but lowest common denominator music on tv/radio. Buying this record with him crucified on the cover changed my life.
His stuff was fun, edgy, deep (for a teenager) and unlike anything I knew of. So many hidden references and messages, reading his lyrics was like playing sherlock holmes.
He opened the door to the "alternative" scene for me.

That being said, I dont get why he still has young devoted fans who care about everything he does. He jumped the shark long time ago. Most of his music now (which is hit or miss like you said) is about love relationship and his mental health, it's quite depressing. Although he got better this year (I bet tyler bates is coaching him), his recent live performances are really painful to watch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.