[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1. Emo (X) >2. Rap (X) >3. Indie/contemporary Folk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (188KB, 720x819px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
188KB, 720x819px
>1. Emo (X)
>2. Rap (X)
>3. Indie/contemporary Folk (meh but at least better than the alternatives)
>4. Rap (X)
>5. Rap (X)
What a disgusting state.
>>
>>74785641
>AOTD
>Garbage
>Eh
>Shit
>What even?
>>
>>74785641
>haven't heard yet
>overrated normie trash
>overrated trash
>overrated "YO IM GAY" trash
>>>>>milo
RYM is fucking horrible
>>
The RYM balancing equation has made it that rap albums are boosted higher in the charts
>>
>>74785819
I really recommend SciFi, it really is a strong album. On par with TDAG for me. Best rock album ive heard this year
>>
>after laughter isnt even in the top 100
>villains isnt even in the top 100
what the fuck man
>>
what's wrong with Emo music? you still think it's like Tokyo Hotel?
>>
>>74785641
Is your commentary on music as a whole or on the website because that sort've garbage is common on almost all years on the site, every one is basically dominated by one or two genres because nobody who rates things so highly seems to be interested in more than one genre

You should be using the rankings to seek out interesting things you wouldn't have heard of, not seeing the stuff at the top as being the best because it almost never is
>>
>>74785950
>not seeing the stuff at the top as being the best because it almost never is

But that' what I always do.
>>
>>74785871
After Laughter is still my AOTY, so good
>>
>>74785895
¿¿¿??

ok, kid
>>
>>74785986
Then you a dummy
>>
Fucking DAMN. People wanted it to be a 3rd classic in a row and tricked themselves into believing it is. It's okay but definitely isn't that good.
>>
>>74786216
Can't imagine what would happen if Fantano gave it more favorable review.
>>
>>74785641
How are Brand new even remotely emo anymore really

They pretty much watered down their emo influence to the bottom after DE
>>
>>74786216
Yeah basically this. It's just Kendrick fans deluding themselves.
>>
maybe if RateYourMusic was not full of pretentious fucking ass hats with autistic rating systems, more unique music would be at the top. the site is littered with le wrong generation faggots and Scaruffi-wannabes and then y'all wonder why rap is taking over every genre when legitimately good albums can't push 4+ anymore. at least rap fags are confident in their taste
>>
Flower Boy deserves to be there though. Great album.
>>74786216
This.
>>
>>74785641

happy to see milo and Tyler that high, also Mt. Eerie is decent, but the top 2 are t r a s h
>>
You wanna see the sad state of music, look at last year. 7 of the top 10 albums on RYM were from acts that have been in the game for 25+ years.
>>
>>74787436
No, thats the sad state of RYM

Why you all acting like RYM is the definitive of anything lmao
>>
>>74787472
No seriously, most of the good music these days is coming from veteran musicians.
>>
>>74787503
Nope
>>
>>74787503
that is physically impossible
>>
>>74787578
I didn't understand you at first, but you mean because you took "most" literally? Because nah, most of the new music is shitty.
>>
>>74785641
That chart is missing Carrie & Lowell Live
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.