[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I could write 5 of these a day. Are they just tr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: adamlanza.jpg (49KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
adamlanza.jpg
49KB, 500x551px
I feel like I could write 5 of these a day. Are they just trash? Obviously the guitar + singing is no good, but the songs themselves. Are they worthwhile? Could a talented musician make them sound very nice?

https://youtu.be/nzDjXmPb2fg
>>
>>74779730
The songwriting is fine. It's got a simple, but nice, sounding melody, and chords that serve their purpose. That's all a song needs, regarding the songwriting. It's the arrangement that really brings out the magic. A good arrangement performed by good musicians can make a good song sound great. The way it is now, the song might not seem very exciting, but add some subtle touches like some organ, slide guitar, maybe some vibraphone, keeping the strummed acoustic guitar as well, maybe add an instrumental section where an instrument like a flute or a violin plays the vocal melody, and you've got yourself something really special. I feel like that sort of arrangement could really work with a song like this. Remember, it all comes back to the songwriting. If the songwriting isn't good, there isn't much you can do to fix that with the arrangement. To answer you're question, no it's not trash.
>>
>>74780098
Thank you for the detailed response. As for the vocals, what can a guy do? I love the thought of a fiddle on this song, but the vocals destroy it.
>>
>>74780314
With regards to the vocals, I have a similar problem with my own songs. I generally resort to one of two things:
1. Digitally manipulate the voice, usually with a vocoder or with pitch shifting
2. Multi-track vocal parts. One of the reasons the vocals might sound weird is because they are on their own, so I will probably sound awkward to you. You can fix this (or at least make it sound better) by layering vocal parts on top of each other. They can be separated by the octave, a harmony part, or they can just be the same note. Trust me, if you just multi-track your voice it makes it sound surprisingly better. The imperfections (if you sing out of key or out of time) will build up, and (considering it's impossible to give the same performance with the same imperfections more than once) blend together to make a new sound. Out of tune parts, no matter how subtle or how big, will magically turn into a nice chorus effect, because the "out-of-tune"-ness won't be the same with every take that you record.
>>
To provide and example of the arrangement I mentioned before, I just added some instruments to your song, it's on my soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/daniel-gillett-5/truro-featuring-online-band

Obviously I won't keep it there, since it's not my song, but that's the fastest way to share music online (other than bandcamp).
>>
>>74781782
Just got home. Holy smokes this sounds incredible aside from my voice. Do you have any contact info?
>>
>>74782443
I'm glad you liked it.
my email: [email protected]
bandcamp: https://danielgillett.bandcamp.com
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnemHddDABQcmKQdraNpCog
>>
>>74779730
just keep making them. the more songs you finish the better songwriter you become
>>
>>74782508
I've emailed you.

>>74782629
Maybe you're right. I am gonna try to get some singing lessons.
>>
File: hm.jpg (21KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
hm.jpg
21KB, 362x362px
bump
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.