[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sad state of Tool fans These are supposed to be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: kek.jpg (304KB, 1266x1384px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
304KB, 1266x1384px
The sad state of Tool fans
These are supposed to be the enlighten people
>>
>These are supposed to be the enlighten people
I can only hardly imagine how someone who listens to psychedelic nu-metal with cheesy new age imagery is supposed to transcend anything
>>
>>74778982
tool perfectly play to the crowd that fancies themselves as (and, to be fair, may truly be) smarter than average audiences but are not as smart as genuinely "smart people." They are musicians designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts, and then holding the viewer's hand the entire way through until there is next to nothing to be left up to interpretation.
>>
>>74778990
They all believe they are achieving Nirvana and solving the mysteries of the human mind by listening to them and watching the brain-tier meme images
>>
They have 2 or 3 good sounds, one time I even had their entire disc collection my friend let me borrow for a few weeks
But once I realized everything was about marketing... the drummer literally brings satanic paraphernalia to the studio and he says unirocally that it makes him a better drummer
>DUDE ODD RHYTHMS LMAO
>>
>>74779002
>They are musicians designed to make the audience feel smart by introducing complicated and heady concepts
The only concept tool ever used in their music is the Fibonacci sequence onto Lateralus, and it is nothing more than really basic arithmetic.
>>
>>74779002
I've seen this on /tv/ before
>>
>>74779052
they love the Jungian stuff about collective conscience, the supposed high IQ psychologists.
>>
File: CH45ZN9WgAAzh9-.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CH45ZN9WgAAzh9-.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
the easiest way to be rich in the music industry is to pretend high artistic values by putting 3 minute noise sounds in your album and wearing make up on stage against patriarchy
Tool is this plus some guitar riffs.
>>
>These are supposed to be the enlighten people
These are the sort of people who think Bill Hicks was the second coming of Jesus, they're as thick as shit
>>
B-but guys, I like them for the music. I could care less about the transcendence bullshit. Maynard himself said that it's bullsht and the fans need to stop focusing on it. I just like listening to the music.
>>
>it's a /mu/ acts better than everyone episode
Say what you will about the music, but Tool uses a lot of cool concepts. I didn't feel "enlightened" by listening to Tool, I just liked that they talked about occult/spiritual things and they were fun to listen to, whether I was high or not. If I wanted to learn about those concepts I'd read books about them.

I also enjoyed the artwork and videos as well. It's also a nice bridge between more normie friends. You can smoke some dope and listen to Tool and it won't be too offensive or weird for anyone, and it's rewarding enough for a music listener who knows a little more about music than the average person. Carey's drumming is excellent, and Maynard can sing and has cool lyrics when he isn't being edgy. Chancellor has cool basslines, and yes, Adam has riffs, even though always playing in D gets a bit tiring at times.

Does marketing play into it? Surely, but I think Tool tastefully integrates concepts such as the fibonacci sequence, however "basic" it may be.
>>
>>74780662
god damn you're such a faggot lmao
>>
>>74780662
alright fuck off drug addict.
>>
>>74781057
Nice rebuttal guys>>74781074
>>
>>74781456
you said nothing of worth besides you smoke dope lel.
>>
>>74778982

Tool has always been boring anyway
>>
>>74778982
they're like the mars volta but instead of doing what they want for themselves they pander really hard
>>
>>74778990
>I can only hardly imagine how someone who listens to psychedelic nu-metal with cheesy new age imagery is supposed to transcend anything
Would have called it post-grunge instead of nu-metal, but spot on
>>
Tool is pseudo-intectually wankery for shitheads who go on and on about some fag shit like Darwinism. All their music videos looks like something out of that trash ass movie, The Cell
>>
>>74780662
Son I listen to Spice Girls. I hardly think I'm better than anyone.
>>
>>74780662
>smoke
>listen to Tool

Hope you're talking crack or smack because listening to Tool would blow the shit out of my high
>>
>>74778982
People still use Spotify?
That's hilarious.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.