[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oasis >grown up in a poverty-stricken household in an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>Oasis
>grown up in a poverty-stricken household in an economically ravaged city during a highly troubled and insecure time for the UK
>regularly got the shit kicked out of them by their deadbeat father
>both of them undereducated, with Noel Gallagher suffering from dyslexia to boot
>neither brother had any future prospects whatsoever; Noel working as a roadie for C-list Madchester bands and Liam getting by on petty crime and the dole
>end up writing some of the most life-affirming, self-confident, aggressively optimistic rock music of the last two decades

>grunge bands
>grown up in a highly affluent, highly comfortable period in late 20th century North America
>largely grown up in comfortable, sheltered middle-class households
>largely educated and capable of securing jobs whenever they felt like it
>end up becoming a movement defined by its cartoonish levels of angst, self-pity and whining

Why are Americans such pussies?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrLmdwOlwKw
>>
>>74767050
I agree, but Inspiral Carpets were at minimum a B-list Madchester band, if not A-list
>>
File: kurdtt.jpg (37KB, 499x395px) Image search: [Google]
kurdtt.jpg
37KB, 499x395px
Kurt was actually homeless for a while.
>>
There's a world of difference between suffering as a hard and almost inescapable fact of life(as represented by Oasis) and suffering as a temporary lifestyle choice(as represented by much of the grunge scene).

An escape from underprivileged, dead-end existences was nigh-on unfathomable for the members of Oasis. An escape from underprivileged, dead-end existences for the average grunge band was as simple as getting a haircut and getting a job.
>>
>>74767839
Buzz Osbourne has stated that Cobain's homeless period was complete made-up horseshit(as were many other "tragic" bits in his biography).
>>
>>74767839
yeah ops grunge description is more accurate for the bands that came AFTER grunge blew up imo. some of those pacific northwest bands were pretty grimy
>>
Oasis made terrible music but were low brow better has off being skinheads playing sham cover s
>>
oasis was more punk than any of the grunge bands desu
liam gallagher made an absolute mockery of mtv every time they presented oasis with an opportunity to further assert themselves as a massive band in america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnO7ywMPbJ4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zxbRYu_2g

the first thing kurt cobain, the elitistic and authentic indie purist did upon winning his first mtv award? he thanked fucking geffen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU4gZjiVPkI
>>
damn you just reminded me, their music was life affirming! So beautiful, so once in a lifetime

you brought me back to high school! This was always my favorite youtube.com/watch?v=GQbT1CqlLvo
>>
>>74769773
What's more Oasis took over the country as well as many parts of the world all through an indie record label and then through their own label.
BIBLICAL
I
B
L
I
C
A
L
>>
>>74767050
didn't buzz from the melvins work at kmart? that's pretty soul-sucking
>>
>>74770107
Buzz has always had a similar work ethic and outlook to someone like Noel though. As much as you'd think there'd be a massive cultural void between them, I'd imagine they'd probably get along alright if you put them in a room together.
>>
>>74770212
I can actually see that happening to most of the members of Melvins just in general, honestly.
>>
>>74769773
wish liam had sung that unplugged show, apparently he came on towards the end and wanted to sing but they didnt let him
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.