[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LCD Soundsystem is a washed up 40 year hipster making dreadful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: LCD-Soundsystem.jpg (161KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LCD-Soundsystem.jpg
161KB, 1500x1000px
LCD Soundsystem is a washed up 40 year hipster making dreadful throwback dance-punk tracks for younger hipsters (particularly New Yorkers) featuring his monotonous voice ranting about how society is like, totally, bogus now. Nobody would ever play that shite in any legitimate club and the fans are all wankers who eat up whatever garbage Pitchfork pretends is the next big thing. I mean, how many of them even know about The Paradise Garage, Ibiza, house music, sound clashes and soundsystem culture, Detroit techno, etc. that the dude is prattling on about and name-dropping in "Losing my Edge"? Very few.
>>
>>74762633
wow dude. groundbreaking review. never thought of it that way. i'm going to go delete my entire music library now.
>>
>>74762633
yeah its old news man. lcd is for posers
>>
>>74762633
You realize Losing My Edge is a self-critique that is similar to what you are writing here?

He talks about it in interviews. The name dropping is the entire point.

It's almost like, because you don't understand it, you hate it. That's a thing idiots do. Don't be an idiot anon.
>>
>>74762633
Murphy's 47 and looks 10 years older than that, which actually makes it even more embarrassing.
>>
American Dream is gonna be good. Trust me.
>>
>>74762633
Never cared for him, this and all the other meme rock Pitchfork pushed in the late 00s played a bigger role in killing rock than any other factor
>>
>>74762775
>its bad on purpose so its good
nope
>>
>>74763026
Not the point I was making, but whatever you need to say to feel superior towards it.

I've always really enjoyed the stuff he's put out, and his musical work for groups like Gorillaz, Hot Chip, Yeah Yeah Yeah's, and Arcade Fire was really solid too.

I think he's great, and I think you don't really understand it.

That's fine, I'd hope there's some stuff you enjoy that I don't understand.

Do you have to be perfect?

I don't get the greatful dead, I hate the greatful dead, but I know a lot of people do. I'm glad they do. I get that they understand it, and I just don't. Maybe one day I will, I don't fuckin know.

I'm sorry there are things in the world you don't understand, there's gonna be a lot of these types of things you know.
>>
File: 009.jpg (8KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
8KB, 300x220px
the superior soundsystem
>>
>>74763136
grateful dead sucks ass.
i understand he made dance music for hipsters who are too scared to enjoy dance music made by black people.
>>
>>74763273
>too scared to enjoy dance music made by black people

You are a tub of shit
>>
>>74763318
name 10 black dance producers now
>>
>>74763273
>grateful dead sucks ass
poor kid
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.