[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album unironically sounds like shit. Sounds like they recorded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: loveless.jpg (109KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109KB, 660x660px
This album unironically sounds like shit. Sounds like they recorded it in some $5 studio.
>>
this album made a record company go bankrupt
>>
>>74761870
Seriously?
>>
>>74761990
there's a cool site called wikipedia where you can read a short history about a lot of different topics. they have a page for this album
>>
>>74761870
For three years before oasis happened
>>
>>74762081
What's the website called again?
>>
>>74761608
Then replicate the sound you fucking idiot
>>
the millenial is bothered by the music that doesn't have the usual corporate expensive crystal clear production
>>
>>74761870
>took for more than a year to record
>sounds like absolute shit

How is it even possible.
>>
>>74762176
>expensive crystal clear production
I'm just fine with Daniel Johnston for example, but this shit is distorted to fuck.
>>
>>74761608
>>74762214
You two are not even trying at this point. Come on, step it up, this board has to get run into the ground somehow.
>>
>>74762214
How do you expect to bait people with that Reddit spacing? You should go back, easier to trigger people there, I think.
>>
kevin shields dropped like 250,000$ on this album
>>
Right? I listened to it and it literally made my head ache. Fucking overrated.
>>
ITT: entry level plebeian who wince at any hint of feedback or distortion
>>
>>74762369
This. Had to took one and a half of tramal afterwards.
>>
>>74762403
Hahaha it's the PLEEB MAYMAYY xD
>>
>>74762426
Hello plebeian
>>
Holy fuck what happened to /mu/?! Are you guys fucking serious?
>>
>>74762426
>he's right and I have no comeback so I'm just gonna make fun of the words he used
>>
>>74761608
You know the board is dying when you can't decide if this is bait or not
>>
I love shoegaze, don't love this album. It's not very good.
>>
>>74762539
/mu/ has always been shit. Only good thing on this board are share threads. Otherwise it's just a circle jerk of teens who think they have more superior taste than their classmates.
>>
>>74762592
True, but it's often been alright before the Americans wake up
>>
how dank is Loomer tho
>>
holy fuck even a normie like myself who hates 95% of /mu/core knows this album is fucking genius..
when does summer end?
>>
>>74761608
You fell for the MBV meme too, huh?
>>
if you seriously cant appreciate the effort and innovation (especially regarding production) put into this album by shields then you truly are an absolute pleb
>>
I've always thought this album is a shining example of how a shoegaze album should be mastered - despite there being so many layers, everything sounds very clear, and when it's turned up loud the effect is remarkable. Also the way Shields managed to make his guitars sound so psychedelic and infinitely layered with no usual delay/phaser/etc effects in sight is a true achievement.

Honestly it's a shame that absolutely every shoegaze album not made by MBV doesn't come close, and instead sounds saturated and compressed to shit.
>>
>>74763418
>>74763270
>>74762539
Some people just don't fall for a meme and can think for themselves. Pussies.
>>
>>74762135
best new reply

>>74762166
yes

Production is very nice, but songs with more prominent drumming sound very plastic / tightly packaged, in a way that makes me think it's just a product and not some sort of artistic expression

M B V solves that problem very well, however the songs are a bit too adventurous and don't feel very defined and "classic".

M B V truly is a fantastic album and, pretty underlooked, as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>74763740
There's a difference between preference and spouting bullshit, lad.
>>
one day you'll get it OP
>>
>>74763740
how's your first day on /mu/ going?
>>
>>74762426
Plebs aren't a meme, they are real low iqs and you are one of them.
>>
>>74762469
It got taken over by normies, from reddit and a lot of normie idiots who came for pol and shit all over most of the other boards.
>>
>>74763651
even more impressive considering that most of the tracks only have one or two guitar tracks
the majority of the sound is due to kevin's way of playing the guitar and experimentation with recording techniques
>>
>>74763982
>>74762403

>Anyone with a different taste than mine in a subjective artform has a low IQ score
>pre·ten·tious
prəˈten(t)SHəs/Submit
adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
>>
>>74765388
the quality of the mixing and mastering isn't a matter of taste, though.
this album is very, VERY well-mastered. this is a matter of fact.
>>
Inb4 someone calls someone else "sweetie"
>>
>>74765971
Yet the music is garbage
>>
>>74761608
i think your headphones are broken
>>
>>74763762
makes you wonder if loveless would be even better with real drumming instead of samples
>>
>>74761608
oh look it's one of these threads again
>>
>>74761608
stop baiting my autism like this
>>
>>74761870
Good.
>>
>>74768180
yeah, kev used samples of colm because he was unable to perform for the album
>>
>>74768704
Nah. We had a taste of what that would sound like on MBV, and it was cool but it would have distracted from the guitar being the centerpiece on Loveless. The samples were an important happy accident
>>
>>74769005
yeah i agree, i think colm was great on the eps and isn't anything, but loveless required a more subdued drumming approach which was achived through the sampling
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.