[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they really any good? I've listened to pic related,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 052011555.jpg (37KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
052011555.jpg
37KB, 355x355px
Are they really any good? I've listened to pic related, VS. Completely Unplugged and I don't know what to think, they're pretty meh, what is there to like about this band? Most of their songs are bland, mainly because of the lyrics, I cannot feel their music but I would say they're good enough if you want some background music. It's sad that they're nothing compared to Nirvana or Alice in chains.
>>
>>74757316
No, they're utter garbage.
Vedder is literally just a surfer wannabe who got lucky and happened to be in the right place when Wood died. They're unoriginal boring fucks.
>>
they're pretty bad
>>
No they fucking suck
>>
They are good but you probably wouldn't like them if you're one of those dudes who go around describing old shit as "dadrock". Ironically Eddie Vedder hates his father and has written his share of songs about his daddy issues.
>>
>>74757413
I'm not saying they're not good, but they're not good enough for me. I mean, I only like 5 or 6 of their songs and I see this as something bad specially in a band that is named with Nirvana, Alice in Chains...
>>
I know Vedder made a song that confirms Cooper never comes back in Twin Peaks. Besides that I'm clueless.
>>
>>74757316
I liked em in high school, but looking back on it now, they're probably the worst out of the four. I still have fun listening to them occasionally.
>>
>>74757316

They're the best of the four big Seattle bands and one of the best bands ever. Anyone who disagrees is an edgy try hard who worships suicidal drug addicts instead of chads like Vedder who marry hot models and have good looking white kids.
>>
>>74757316
They're pretty good, only listen up to Yield (1998) though. Their albums get worse with every release 2bh, start with Ten (1991) and work your way down
>>
There's a big difference between Ten and Vs. If you don't like either of those records I dunno how likely it is you'd like anything else they've done. Personally got more love for Vs with tracks like WMA and Rearviewmirror which are brilliant imo.

Their early 00's output is way underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIhIKjspvU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfuxWfVapqw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4kJsE69_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnH_FGcGRvk
>>
i dont get this boards hate for pearl jam, it just shows how many try hard indie fellas actually frequent /mu/

>ten
great album, very very polished though, i reccomend the remixed version which removes alot of that over produced sheen

>vs.
my favourite by them, hard and gritty and great song writing, rearview mirror is a monster track

>vitalogy
their best release, should be /mu/core imo, creative and well written music

>everything after

still good, binaural is their last "great" album imo

people only dislike them because their favourite bands told them to, for example people used to suggest they were all "posers" just because they got a lucky break,
very very incorrect as the band is incredibly talented, jeff ament is a great bassist, and eddie has a GOAT voice

if you dont like them you dont like them, but please dont fall for the "not good music" meme because the same could be said about 90% of /mu/core
>>
>>74759426
>Vitalogy should be /mu/core
I completely agree, it is a great album, actually my favourite of theirs too.
>>
>>74759449
i am completely convinced people on this board only shit on them so much because of their """"rep"""", ive seen the foo fighters get more praise than PJ on here
>>
>>74759469
I don't really know why PJ get a bad wrap here, they're a tight band. I guess it's because they got the 'poser' label, which is a load of shit because they've stayed authentic all through their years.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.