[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I despise Nirvana. Can I wear this t-shirt by my favorite artist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 85828-NPT.jpg (42KB, 792x719px) Image search: [Google]
85828-NPT.jpg
42KB, 792x719px
I despise Nirvana.

Can I wear this t-shirt by my favorite artist without looking like a massive poser?
>>
if you worry about looking like or being a poser or unironically use that word you're not only a poser but a huge cunt

I'd recommend you stick a shotgun in your mouth and go for gold but you'd probably be too worried people thought you were trying to copy kurt cobain
>>
it's been over twenty years since that picture was taken, only nerds would recognize it as a "Nirvana" related shirt and most of those guys would also be aware of Danny J

don't worry about it
>>
>>74752972
this
>>
>identifying yourself by the things you hate and letting it form what you do and don't like as much as the brands and people you love
>kek
>>
I don't get it. Are you autistic or something? A lot of 4channers are, they make a post that doesn't make sense unless you magically have all the information in their head and it's usually super specific information. The worst part of it is, they think that their hipster bullshit is "common knowledge." Did kurt cobain like that band? Did he wear that shirt? What is the connection between the shirt and nirvana? These are the questions that you should've answered in your OP post by providing a few sentences of context instead of autistically assuming we all know the answer of why you'd look like a "massive poser" in that shirt.
>>
>>74752972
This is a good post you're right.
Someone called me out as trying to hard to look like Kurt the other day and it really irked me.
>>
Wear a Yip/Jump Music shirt instead then
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (16KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
16KB, 256x256px
>>74752972
>>
>>74752893
sure. Poserism has its merits as an aesthetic
>>
>>74753034
Are you retarded? It's pretty well known that Kurt Cobain wore a Daniel Johnston shirt to the MTV awards in 1992. Don't criticize others for not spoon feeding you common knowledge.
>>
>>74753034
Four people above you "magically" had all the information.
>>
>>74752893
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>74753036
what were you wearing because you could've
>>
File: KurtCobainBarney2.jpg (114KB, 691x960px) Image search: [Google]
KurtCobainBarney2.jpg
114KB, 691x960px
>>74753243
I was wearing a Barney costume
>>
>>74753122
We're also on a music forum in a post that provided little information specifically about the artist being described
>>
>>74753273
honestly thats pretty good that he can play the guitar with stage lights on him while in a barney costume
>>
>>74753317
>>74753034
why do you feel so threatened that you don't know about that fairly well known piece of pop culture?
it's pretty obvious most people do actually know exactly what OP is talking about
>>
>>74753386
I'm not the same guy
>>
>>74752893
Yes because it is not a Nirvana t-shirt.
>>
>>74753317
>>74753398
What fucking information do you need? It's well known Kurt wore a shirt like that. And if you know who Daniel Johnston is, you'll immediately recognize the frog thing.
>>
>>74753439
I'm just calling out that it's silly to say that a music forum is a average representation of the public knowledge of music.

Why are you so upset, I'm not arguing that the post you responded to wasn't autistic
>>
>>74753398
I don't get it. Are you autistic or something? A lot of 4channers are, they make a post that doesn't make sense unless you magically have all the information in their head and it's usually super specific information. The worst part of it is, they think that their hipster bullshit is "common knowledge." Are you a different anon? Did you make that post? What is the connection between the post and the poster? These are the questions that you should've answered in your OP post by providing a few sentences of context instead of autistically assuming we all know the answer of whether or not you're the same anon replying to the post.
>>
>>74752893
>I despise Nirvana.
Kill yourself
>>
File: KurtCobainDress.jpg (499KB, 972x1599px) Image search: [Google]
KurtCobainDress.jpg
499KB, 972x1599px
>>74753492
I guess it's the audacity of the first guy. Didn't mean to go off at you.
>>
>>74753604
lol guess the hollywood mind virus had already gotten to him by then in that picture. shame the only solution was to forcefully remove it via a bullet
>>
>>74752972
>guy asks question
>doesn't answer yes or no and implies they should kill themselves
yeah good post bruh bruh
>>
>>74753034
this is hilarious because
1. of course half of /mu/ is autistic, it's a special interest board for the socially inept
2. everyone knows kurt wore the shurt
>>
>>74752893
this and the joy division and the merriweather post pavilion and the weezer (blue) shirts are all ruined. do NOT wear
>>
>>74753029
I agree with your post but you don't greentext kek.
>>
>>74753371
desu nirvana songs arent exactly difficult
>>
Hi Brody
>>
>>74754686
you ever had stage lights on you in a mascot costume
>>
>>74752893
Why do you despise nirvana? They were a good grunge band
>>
>>74754692
Hi phil
>>
>>74754636
Literally never seen anyone with mpp Weezer or HHAY t-shirt. Joy division yeah you see that a lot
>>
>>74754704
>you ever had stage lights on you

How is this supposed to make playing more difficult?
>>
>>74754930
well first off stage lights are going to heat you up a lot, most musicians are exhausted and sweaty after normally performing, but now there's an added measure of being in a barney costume which will keep heat in and act as a heat conductor with limited ventilation and you have either heat stroke or you're going to pass out if you're not out for water
>>
>>74755019
Well that show was in Ohio on Halloween so I doubt it was hot to begin with. Secondly, it doesn't take that much effort to play power chords and yell.
>>
>>74752893
The fact that Daniel Johnston is your favorite artist and the first thing you think about when it comes to this shirt is Nirvana should answer your question. Do you think almost anyone else you'll run into in real life will recognize it as anything other than a shirt Kurt Cobain was photographed wearing?

Then again, almost nobody will recognize it anyway. So fuck it, wear the shirt.
>>
>>74755059
>Secondly, it doesn't take that much effort to play power chords and yell.
for hours, in a mascot costume. well maybe
>>
>>74752893
daniel is a white supremacist so you don't need to worry about looking too cool
>>
>>74753371
>>74754704
>>74755019
>>74755019
>>74755108
he didnt play the entire show with it on you mong look at the photos of the concert he put it on during the encore when they played sunbeam which isnt a hard song to play at all (D,C,G) even with your eyes closed
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.