[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's too much music in the world and I want to listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: thomyorke1.jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thomyorke1.jpg
19KB, 320x240px
There's too much music in the world and I want to listen to it all.

I find a couple of cool psych albums from the 60's that I know I immediately need to check out but before I can even finish them I get recommended a 80's shoegaze or jazz album that I check out and put the rest of those on my backlog.

But then I realize I'm missing out on newly released albums I want to check out and I feel like I should be listening to and my 2017 grows and grows while my regular backlog grows and grows and at some point it just feels overwhelming.
How do you deal with it guys?
>>
File: 2534480.jpg (13KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
2534480.jpg
13KB, 300x298px
Have you heard this Argentinian progresive rock album, anon?
>>
>>74750516
You will never experience even the smallest fraction of the music there is to experience before you die, so just listen to whatever sounds interesting at the time, don't backlog it makes music seem like a chore
>>
>>74750516
No problem, most music is shit
>>
>>74750516
>newly released albums
Stop doing this. Let the filter of time be your tool.
>>
>>74750516
Thom is such an overrated hack.
>muh politicians are evil and lie!
No shit. Go listen to interviews and podcasts with him, such an insufferable cunt
>>
>>74751018
Oh, fuck off. There's a lot of great albums that will unfortunately be forgotten in that case.
>>
>>74751095
Sure there will. There will always be great albums you gloss over or just don't get to find. You have that problem much less when you focus your exploration with the filter of time as your tool, however. Very generally speaking, the best music finds a niche somewhere. You don't gain anything by slogging through dozens of mediocre releases every year.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.