[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this one of the most divisive albums amongst a fan base ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1427.jpg (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1427.jpg
53KB, 300x300px
Is this one of the most divisive albums amongst a fan base ever? Half the QOTSA people on here seem to think it's garbage and the other half think it's the best thing they've ever done. Does anybody just put it middle of the pack?
>>
I do, my favourites are self titled and like clockwork can't decide on a worst but this is deffo floating a at midway for me
>>
I'm one of the later. I love Like Clockwork as well.
>>
>>74750291
It gave us that ridiculous live recording of Misfit Love
>>
>>74750291
i think it's bad. but Lullabies is my favorite, and then I put S/T and SFTD in a tie for second. so make of my opinion what you will.
>>
>>74752067
>Lullabies is my favorite
So you're admitting your opinion is shite, ok m80
>>
>like clockwork
>songs for the deaf
>Rated R
>s/t
>Era
>lullabies
>>
It's a lot fucking better than the pile of shite that is Villains, at least we can agree on that?
>>
This and SFTD are my favorite from QOTSA. Kyuss's first album is the best/only good one they have btw
>>
>>74752951
Villains is great
>>
>>74752951
t. Listened to half of a shit quality leak
>>
>>74752951
I think villains is pretty good, man.
The Evil has Landed is hype as hell.
>>
>>74752986
Fucking bullshit, Kyuss' whole discography is extremely solid, Welcome To Sky Valley and Blues for the Red Sun are 10/10.
>>
>>74753351
I don't like stoner metal at all, but Wretch is top notch. Really good driving music. The rest of their discog is pretty boring desu
>>
>>74752327
What the fuck is wrong with Lullabies? I'd be willing to concede that as a whole it doesn't come close to SFTD, but medication, everybody knows that you're insane, burn the witch, little sister and Someone's in the wolf are all top tier.
>>
if it weren't for Turnin' on the Screw I'd toss the whole thing in the bin
>>
>>74753632
Insane takes too long to get to the point, the verses are bad. Burn the Witch is good but not great. Someone's in the Wolf is boring. The album as a whole feels like there's no cohesion like with other albums. There are no big defining moments and it feels like the whole thing is the most "barebones rock n roll" of all Queens releases, for better or worse. It's just lacking a certain presence, and definitely doesn't have as much that pops out about it as other releases.
>>
I remember I used to listen to Over The Years And Through The Woods and a bit of Desert Sessions volume 1 years ago. Where to go from here? I really liked Monsters In The Parasol and Go With The Flow.
>>
>>74752067
>>74753632
Lullabies is one of their best. I love the atmosphere the album brings and it's always one my top choices for albums I listen to during Halloween. Skin on Skin and Broken Box are two of my favorite QOTSA tracks and nobody else seems to like them.
>>
>>74754154
Never really thought of that but yeah, Lullabies is an excellent Halloween album. Will put it on this year for sure.
>>
>>74753914
I feel the opposite really. It's the only QOTSA album that actually deliberately builds on mood and atmosphere. It's their only album aside form SFTD that actually tries to give an album "experience" rather than just having a collection of tracks.

I know this an unpopular opinion but I honestly feel that Rated R is their most bare bones album. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album. The first five tracks are fantastic but that second half is lacking. It makes the album feel front-loaded.

Monsters in The Parasol is fine but it has rediculously clumsy chorus.

In The Fade is nice but I don't love it as much everybody else seems to.

Quick and to the Pointless and Lightning Song are nothing more than filler. Filler for an album that is already pretty short to begin with.

Tension Head is neat but not as good as anything from the first half. The only track that reaches the quality of the first five tracks is I Think I Lost My Headache and then the album is over.
>>
>>74753926
Just listen to Rated R, thank me later
>>
>>74750291
I used to think it was garbage
I was one of those
luckily after hearing it a couple more times now I changed my mind
>>
RR>LC>ST>EV>SFTD>LTP
Haven't listed to villains yet, I also love them all
>>
I fucking love it. River in the Road is one of their most underrated tracks, and Turnin' on the Screw has one of the coolest riffs I've ever heard.
>>
>>74750291
Only good QOTSA album
>>
>>74750291
I like the one from guitar hero 3
>>
>>74754830
>River in the Road is one of their most underrated tracks
Every Mark Lanegan track is kino.
>>
>>74750291
It isn't their best album, but it's worlds better then Lullabies. Era Valgaris almost at times sounded like a throw back to the formula of the first record, which was a plus for me since I like the self title and Rated R the best.

There are no "bad" queens albums in my option. Lullabies is the weakest to me cuz it has very little that's special about it and sounds more like a foo fighters record.
>>
>Rated R
>Era Vulgaris
>...Like Clockwork
>Songs for the Deaf
>Self titled
>Lullabies to Paralyze
>>
>>74750291
I love era, everyone hates experimentation here on mu
>>
>>74752951
Villains is great, stop trying to be contrarian
>>
>>74752986
Shut up you absolute autist all of kyuss' work after wretch is goat
>>
Lullabies is their masterpiece, if you disagree, you are wrong. era is a fun album, turnin on the screw was such a new sound from them.
>>
>>74753648
Misfit love, suture, into the hollow, im designer, all top tier qotsa. Not to mention the great b sides
>>
Like clock work
Songs for the deaf
And Self titled are my top 3 imo
>>
>>74753926
Listen to every album they've put out, just from start to finish, from s/t to villains. They're all great.
>>
>>74750291
I pretty much like it and think it's one of the "rawest" sounding albums they've made for the most part.
A few of the songs get quite grating and repetitive. There are hard rugged riffs but sometimes they feel lazy. Not as much grooves.
>>
Queens of the Stone Age are one of like 5 bands keeping real rock n roll alive. all of their albums are incredible, they don't slack off. they've accomplished more than any of you ever will and they're still going.
>>
File: you're a faggot.png (22KB, 845x439px) Image search: [Google]
you're a faggot.png
22KB, 845x439px
>>74753535
>>
It's good, but I know people don't agree. Run pig run is probably one of my favorite songs from the band, ever
>>74756639
the self titled album is underrated as fuck, it's a fantastic album. I hadn't heard it for the longest time, then was pretty pissed I had put off listening to it when I finally did.
>>
>>74756845
Self title is actually 10/10, it doesn't get enough love on here.
>>
>>74753535
Yikes, this is a horrific opinion. I'm not sure how you can call Sky Valley a 'boring' album with songs like Gardenia and Demon Cleaner.
>>
>>74757111
And space cadet, whitewater, asteroid FUCKING ASTEROID, supa scoopa, how the fuck can anyone not like sky valley
>>
Songs for the Deaf > Self Titled > Rated R > Era Vulgaris > Lullabies to Paralyze >>>>>>>> Like Clock Work > Villains
>>
Rated R
SftD
s/t
Like Clockwork
LtP
Era Vulgaris
>haven't listened to Villains yet or the singles
It's not that it's bad, it's just my least favorite
>>
>>74751760
Which one?
>>
>>74750291
Hated it before I got into hardcore-punk, no-wave, noise rock, post-punk. It felt like a rediscovery after that.
>>
>>74757473
Fag
>>
File: JHo.jpg (104KB, 770x1159px) Image search: [Google]
JHo.jpg
104KB, 770x1159px
>>74750291
This is a great album, but then again every other album by QOTSA is also amazing. I would put this one in the middle of their discography. As an interesting note, this album has some killer b-sides. 9/10
>>
>>74757574
Fun machine is fucking phenomenal
>>
Turnin' on the Screw is my favorite Queens song, so there's that
>>
>>74756609
sure thing man, villains is mediocre. stop being an asskissing nigger
>>
>>74750291
Era Vulgaris is probably one of my favorite QOTSA right behind RR. I don't know, the whole album just sounds dirty, sleazy, and just kind of unstable. I love it.
>>
File: 61FKzfUBU-L.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61FKzfUBU-L.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>74750291
All the albums are great, but the thing that I love about Era is the variety. They throw manic shit at you like SSS and Battery Acid accompanied by some of their best chill/relaxed tracks, then they hit you with moody/groovy shit like Misfit Love and I'm Designer, dripping with attitude. The production on those tracks is filthy, and it's wonderful. There isn't a single track I don't love listening to on that album.
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58KB, 1024x768px
>>74750291
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdblImzJc6k
>>
It grew on me. I didn't like it at first, so I can understand fans hating it.
>>
>>74750291
Every QotSA album is pretty good. That is why all the lists are so damned polarizing on here.
I think most people would agree that even their least favorite QotSA album is pretty enjoyable.
>>
File: kanye-west-yeezus.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-yeezus.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>74750291
>>
I never made a list of my favorite QotSA albums, I just like them all.
>>
I don't compare things. It's boring. Things are different and I like them for different reasons. I like this album. Here's a quote from Basho: "avoid adjectives of scale, you will love the world more and desire it less."
>>
>>74761334
This, I fucking love Quotsa cause its the only band i can actually enjoy their entire discography. Era Vulgaris was my first album but i do like self titled and SftD more.
>>
Anyone have a good link for Villains so I can either join in loving it or join in hating it?
>>
>>74753535
i respect your opinion but i think it's shit
>>
>>74756698
curious to hear what are the other four in your opinion?
to me it's probably the strokes, foo fighters, red hot chili peppers and.. uhh.. the bloody beetroots? i know they started out as a meme project but if you see them live now they give off genuine rock and roll vibe
>>
>>74763207
go to spotify
>>
File: 1503665986458.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503665986458.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
>>74751760
>>74757354
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYw0KhwXdAY . One of my favorite live performances on Youtube. The buildup in the intro is just fucking amazing. Listen to it loud with headphones on.

Era Vulgaris is my personal favorite. Listing to Villains right now, but I'm really diggin' it too.
>>
>>74757574
Where are you listening to the b-sides? Were they a bonus for preordering it something?
>>
>>74756637
How does anyone forget this track?

https://youtu.be/P1McaXu5ZeQ

Honestly without lullabies we would never have era vulgaris

https://youtu.be/P1McaXu5ZeQ
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.