[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate on /mu/drones? I don't see what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: zUAcXba.jpg (3MB, 2060x3825px) Image search: [Google]
zUAcXba.jpg
3MB, 2060x3825px
Why do people hate on /mu/drones? I don't see what's the problem if /mu/core albums are genuinely their favourites, and if that preference of theirs doesn't change after exploring more obscure stuff.
>>
>>74741329
People just liking being contrarian, even towards /mu/core. It mostly stems from either insecurity or a superiority complex
>>
>>74741329
>tfw only 1/5 of /mu/core is good
>>
>>74741421
/thread
>>
Yes, it good. Most of my music taste is shamelessly either /mu/core or even more 'pleb' than /mu/core. I hardly ever get into more obscure music.
>>
File: MuCoreRatings.jpg (3MB, 2060x3825px) Image search: [Google]
MuCoreRatings.jpg
3MB, 2060x3825px
I like the chunk that I've heard from it.
>>
Because it shows that the listener is a lazy scum that prefers to be spoonfed rather than to look for more good music.
>>
>>74741730
You've listened to way less of the rock than me, but more of the hip hop. I deleted my marked chart, otherwise I'd post it.
>>
>>74741755
I spent months listening to nothing but hip hop to get more into the genre. Thinking about looking more into rock/funk/soul (especially funk) so I'm gonna try to get into those that are on the chart and in my records.
>>
This guy (>>74741532) is a good example of the average /mu/ listener who mainly indulges in /mu/core.
They may listen to the albums and enjoy them a lot (as most people who were new to this board have), but that's only because they don't bother listening to anything more obscure or even just outside of /mu/'s scope.

It's not a bad thing, it's something you grow out of. The /mu/core chart is meant to be more of a stepping stone on your musical journey than anything.
>>
>>74741329
A person's tastes, especially of one who listens mostly to popular music such as this chart represents, depend very heavily on one's temperament and character. When it comes to people "showing off their taste" (which is cancer in the first place, this board is way too egocentric) like in chart threads, your average /mu/tant will generally have a giant fucking salad off all sorts of different shit that has nothing in common, giving off a very good indication that he's picked this music up and is now using it as a social accessory to show off how eclectic he is. Once could argue it might be good for an introduction to genres but it's not even decent at that, as a person exploring a genre should look into its roots and history first. This is quite literally just "how to be trendy: the guide", which is no surprise considering it has massive overlap with RYM charts and p4k.
>>
File: _PWMUw4kUY4.jpg (403KB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
_PWMUw4kUY4.jpg
403KB, 2160x2160px
Nothing matters except how much you actually enjoy what you listen to.
You listen to top-40 pop stuff and like it? Good.
You need some imageboard to recommend you more interesting music and you like it? Good.
You need to find super-obscure stuff no-one knows about so it fits your refined taste... And you like it? Good!

And if you enjoy broadening your horizons that's good too. Just... Please don't be an asshole.
>>
>>74741808
I've enjoyed some more obscure stuff. Most of the non-/mu/core albums I enjoy I heard about from people IRL, which I guess makes sense. I would have never heard any of David Firth's music just browsing here. I guess I just have to talk music with people outside of this board. Of course, a lot of people I've talked to end up having pleb taste or liking /mu/-approved bands. Bands like Nirvana, Pixies, and Sonic Youth are pretty much universally appreciated among all kinds of rock fans.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.