[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the hate? I thought this was excellent, in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Centipede_Hz_album_cover.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
What's with the hate? I thought this was excellent, in the top 5 AnCo releases for sure
>>
I wouldn't say top 5, but it wasn't burrito on a windshield
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>74729841
off-topic but this is actually a top 3 anco album, and it never gets any recognition
>>
>>74729841
>What's with the hate?
it's mostly because of the p4k review
it's a great album, honestly
>>
>>74729841
their 2nd worst album just ahead of painting with
>>
File: 1499486865314.png (31KB, 755x708px) Image search: [Google]
1499486865314.png
31KB, 755x708px
honeslty it was just the hype around the band at the time
mpp and fall be kind were amazing, they were known as the kings of indie, andthere was a lot of hype surrounding the release of the album
i was a diehard fan at the time and on first listen i was so disappointed, only a few tracks even stood out to me, but over time i began to enjoy it more for wat it is
it spawned arguably their best lvie era (and live album out of like 3 lmao) and new town burnout is one of my favorite anco sogns
overall its not my favorite album of theirs and mgiht be least favorite but its still great
>>
>>74730192
>it spawned arguably their best lvie era (and live album out of like 3 lmao)
painting with was pretty good live. I didn't really enjoy it on the album but I had a great time hearing it live
>>
Painting With is better
>>
>>74730508
>>74730192
It seems that the quality of their albums have gone down over the last 7 years but their live shows have just been getting better and better.
Though feels tour looked to be the best of their career
>>
Today's Supernatural and Monkey Riches are my least favorites, but the rest is excellent. Still listen to this album very often
>>
Personally i feel that at that point their 2000's indie hipster electronic yuppie beach boys sound was getting played out. I think they need to either sell out or change things up dramatically sound wise, need some sort of evolution.
>>
I personally love every single AnCo release and this one has always been real appealing to me
>>
>>74729841
everybody wanted MPP 2.0.
>>
>>74730005
Why do so many people treat Pitchfork's reviewers' opinions as gospel?
>>
>>74731540
A question as old as time
>>
this fucking board is TRASH

this album was considered a fantastic album during the pre-release stream

EVERYONE here was praising it

then burrito-windshield came out and this board singlehandedly turned on it

correctly then, I along with a few other smart folks predicted that it would be considered one of their best (because IT IS) within the next decade

lo and behold here we are, and people are starting to realize that the album is fantastic

fucking TRASH everyone in here
>>
>>74731623
i mean i like it am i still trash
>>
>>74729994
desu the music is so beautiful compared to the horrifying/trippy imagery. saw this while tripping and was simultaneously terrified and in awe
>>
It's a great album. A 9/10 desu.

Thematically it's really rich and varied, and musically it's so out there and dense, you discover new things on every listen. It also has one of the most satisfying closing songs of their career and perfectly captures the essence of the band.
>>
>>74730007
This guy gets it
>>
new town burnout best song
>>
File: 1461214303681.gif (1MB, 167x170px) Image search: [Google]
1461214303681.gif
1MB, 167x170px
>>74731903
>when New Town Burnout segues into Monkey Riches
>>
tfw CHz helped get me thorugh a meh part of my life
>>
>>74731903
>NOOO MORE IN THE WROOOOOONG PLACE
>NOOO MORE AT THE WROOOOOOONG TIME
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.