[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hahaha, what a bunch of dated garbage Why has hip hop aged like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 546bb8858f758.jpg (326KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
546bb8858f758.jpg
326KB, 800x800px
hahaha, what a bunch of dated garbage
Why has hip hop aged like milk? It's practically unlistenable today
>>
>>74717926
better stick to shitty indie rock and mumble rap my dude
>>
>>74717962
your argument starts to fall apart when I don't listen to those genres
>>
>>74717926
>>74717974
I mean the Farrakhan praise hasn't aged well and neither did Party for Your Right to Fight and Flavor Flav's a pretty lousy rapper, but this is just an exhilarating album.
Listen to it again but focus on Chuck's phrasing. His performance on Louder than a Bomb, the third verse in particular, is astounding, and there are dozens of lots of moments of genius phrasing all over the album.
The instrumentals are dense and abrasive but always danceable. There are lots of amazing work from the Bomb Squad I could point out but it sounds like you've already made up your mind. Best album of 1988
>>
agreed. old-school 4/4 boom bap sounds unbelievably corny to me
>>
>>74717926
anything that rides and relies on trends always ages poorly

that's why rick rubin is such a good pop producer, you can listen to his stuff decades later and it's timeless because it's stripped down
>>
>>74718084
Nah I still fuck with KRS One and BDP etc.
>>
Music can sound dated and good
That's the entire reason why Progressive Electronic is so good
>>
File: E_1999_Eternal_cover[1].jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
E_1999_Eternal_cover[1].jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>74718102
eh i just listened to MC's Act Like They Don't Know and the "1, 2, 3, come rap with me" intro made me cringe into my seat

this album made hip hop listenable
>>
>>74718162
Are you serious? This is basically Creepin on Ah Come Up without any of the energy / good instrumentals and a lot more filler.
>>
>>74718162
Who am I kidding, you probably don't even know about Creepin on Ah Come Up at all because youre that much of a tokenist pleb.
>>
Enter the Wu Tang is the first hip hop album worth listening to
Everything before is an ancient relic of it's time, not worth to listen to outside of sake of curiosity
>>
>>74718287
The Chronic
>>
>>74718325
oh, I thought it was made the same year as Wu Tang (1993)
I stand corrected then
>>
>>74718287
Critical Beatdown?
>>
>>74718287
First two Tribe records hold up fine
>>
>>74718287
3 Feet High And Rising
>>
>>74718287
>not straight outta compton
Come on.
>>
>>74720041
>straight outta compton
>an ancient relic of it's time, not worth to listen to outside of sake of curiosity
pick both
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.