[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is despacito and why do I keep seeing it get memed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1501655590008.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501655590008.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
What the fuck is despacito and why do I keep seeing it get memed in the normiesphere? I don't pay attention to pop music
>>
no clue, OP sorry
>>
I can explain why it's popular.
Spanish summer hits are evergreen in most european countries. You always see people like Enrique Iglesias, Nicky Jam, Alvaro Soler on top of every summer chart. We call these singers "mosquitos": they are annoying, everybody hates them but they are fucking everywhere, and only appear during summer. You never hear of them during the rest of the year.
The sole fact that this is a mosquito song released in January made a lot of people talk about it, make memes and just criticize it ("lol don't they know it's not time yet"), but that only contributed to its popularity. The usual mosquito listeners, aka kids and prebuscent girls who have a crush on the singer, contributed to the early omnipresence of the song in radio stations.

When the song's popularity was fading out, Bieber made a cover of it, and that made his american fanbase notice it. The original song got a huge boost in views from that day, making the mosquito land in the States. European radio stations kept transmitting the song because "hey, Bieber made a cover, it's popular in america now, and summer is near, so here's Despacito" basically resuscitating the mosquito to make it live for the summer. Now it keeps going on because "hey hey, don't you wanna listen to the most popular song ever?"

Also, according to spanish producer Nahum Garcìa, the reason for why Despacito beated the other mosquitos of this year was because of the clever beat stop when he says "De, spa, cito". It gets stuck in people's mind, and make it stand out from Enrique Iglesias's dischography of identical mosquito songs.

TL;DR
It wasn't viewbots, just a really smart strategy to make the song reach an audience that isn't generally interested in it.
>>
Probably the most viewed/hrad song of all times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
>>
>>74712988
Trendy and "exotic" butchering of reggaeton that makes people horny in clubs
>>
how about you just google it instead of inundating the rest of us with your autism?
>>
I love when white people just say "DES-PA-CITO" and they can't recite any other lyrics.

>>74712988
Its a fucking tragic trend, anon. This happens with every stupid shit pop song that becomes a trend in clubs
>>
>>74713007
>>74713020
>>
>>74712988
garbage pop song that my dumbass friends play all the time
>>
>>74713007
I live in spicland and absolutely no girls find Daddy yankee or Luis fonsi attractive, they dont even find the spanish trap singers (Bad bunny, Bryant Myers, Neutro Shorty) attractive, they just like to be whores and listen to whore music
>>
File: huge thumb up.jpg (33KB, 498x684px) Image search: [Google]
huge thumb up.jpg
33KB, 498x684px
>>74713007
ty for this
>>
File: wtf.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>74714480
PASSITO PASSITO SUAVE SUAVEZITO
NO VAMO PEGANDO POUQUITO A POUQUITO
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.