[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's impossible to define rock music. Prove me wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
It's impossible to define rock music.
Prove me wrong.
You can't.
>>
it rocks and isn't made by niggers or finns
>>
>>74711736
It's very easy to define rock music. The problem is that the definition is absolutely useless.
>>
>>74711811
>It's very easy to define rock music
Do it then. I will give you a tip, it's not possible.
>>
File: Capture.png (5KB, 592x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 592x79px
>>74711831
>>
>>74711831
Band featuring guitars, bass, and drums. Every band that fits that definition can be defined as rock. Yeah, it's a really wide definition, but it's still there.
>>
>>74711760
It was literally invented by black artists you racist vile fuck. Go back to your autistic containment board.
>>
>>74711860
That doesn't define rock music.

>>74711869
By your definition, bands like Emerson Lake Palmer and The United States of America are not rock, therefore it's wrong.
>>
>>74711883
Wait a minute, maybe this is why they're still trying to label everything from don cab to burzum rock.
>>
>>74711883
end this meme
>>
shit
>>
>>74711736
Music usually composed in 4/4 time (although not exclusively), in chromatic, diatonic, or pentatonic scale most oftenly.
The instruments most commonly used by a rock band or soloist are the guitar, drum kit, keyboard (incl. synthesizer, electric organ, piano, etc.), and bass guitar, possibly with additional percussion such as a shaker, or virtually any instrument as part of the main band or backing band.
The composition is focused around a drum pattern (or 'back beat') that keeps rhythm and time throughout the piece of music so that rhythm instruments such as bass guitar and rhythm guitar (which plays nearly exclusively chords or arpeggios and dyads such as the 'power chord', although it can function in a similar or identical role to the lead guitar in some band configurations and pieces) the bass guitar traditionally grounds the cyclical chord progression by playing the root note of the chord. The lead instrument, in the case of a guitar, will most usually play melodic motifs (licks, riffs, solos, etc.) alongside the rhythm instruments in the same time and key, although in more adventurous compositions this can be subverted.
Many rock groups utilize vocalists to sing lyrics, written usually by a professional songwriter, another artist, or the vocalist themselves, although not all rock bands utilize vocals, and some utilize multiple vocalists for harmony polyphonic or otherwise. An instrumentalist often takes the role of 'backing vocals' or vocals sung in harmony with the lead or otherwise subservient to it.
The instruments within the band are often prepared with augmentations such as effects pedals, or in extreme cases for electronic instruments, circuit bending.
A 'power trio' band configuration will often see one role either filled by another player or omitted entirely, for example an extended range guitar could fill the role of both rhythm and bass, or a standard guitar could fulfill the role of rhythm and lead.
>>
>>74711869
there are jazz groups with this arrangement, my man
>>
rock ''''''music''''''
>>
>>74712553
That's not a definition
>>
>>74712908sa
append the phrase "rock music is" to the front and cut the last part
>>
>>74711736
White rhythm & blues
>>
>>74711736
"Rock n roll" was the 50s phenomenon, which then evolved and spawned a million different genres. Saying "rock music" today is absolutely pointless
>>
You're right. Literally all pop music is based on blues and every term we've made up since then is based around some sort of aesthetic (such as fashion, lyrical subject matter, or instruments used) rather than any sore of musical qualities. Rap, rock, EDM, synth pop, metal, punk etc are all the same from a musical notation standpoint.

Good job OP.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.