[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been playing guitar now for 1.5 months. How am I doing so fa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: adamlanza.jpg (49KB, 500x551px) Image search: [Google]
adamlanza.jpg
49KB, 500x551px
Been playing guitar now for 1.5 months. How am I doing so far?

I know my singing is poor, but guitar wise.

https://youtu.be/rWYyFblGXNM
>>
Jesus Fuck Balls!!!!
>>
>>74710667
That bad?
>>
>>74710776
you're doing fine dont seek others' validation
>>
>>74710826
Mostly trying to see if my form is decent or any tips/tricks. It's a really hard song for me switching chords that quickly.
>>
>>74710647
for 1.5 months you seem reasonably competent at open chords. Not a bad performance (just judging guitar)
>>
>>74711036
I wanted to start doing fingerpicking or power chords or something. Where's the best place to start?
>>
Pretty decent for a beginner. Focus more on following rhythm and you'll develop just fine. As far the singing though you need to listen more to what chords you're actually playing instead of trying to recite a melody.
>>
>>74711146
Power chords are for megaplebs. But if you have to...strengthen your wrists more and then it'll come easily. You're going to want to use the side of your finger and not just the flat bottom part of it.

Fingerpicking on the other hand (finger) isn't as complicated as it may seem. Just start very slowly and learn the various picking patterns. Don't just learn one cos you'll get in a bad habit of using it for everything and you'll get frustrated when you need another pattern. When I say slow I mean really just sit there and pick the notes out with your fingers as slowly as you need. Do that over and over until it feels comfortable and effortless. Also don't anchor: get your pinkie of the body of the guitar. You'll thank me eventually.
>>
>>74711146
power chords are easy just learn all the small things
>>
pretty sure those arent the correct chords, if you care at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNAsKqz29U
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.