[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is the difference between prog-rock and prog-metal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1502158010527.jpg (30KB, 369x292px) Image search: [Google]
1502158010527.jpg
30KB, 369x292px
What exactly is the difference between prog-rock and prog-metal?
I thought metal was rock.
>>
volume and synths
>>
You could've googled it you absolute fucking toilet. It would've taken much less time and you might actually get an informed answer rather than a bunch of retarded self proclaimed 16 year old music nerds who mainly listen to indie rock but still act superior about their tastes spouting out random bullshit.
>>
filtered
>>
>>74707985
Ditto
>>
shouldnt you be asking for the difference between metal and rock then you dumb frogposter
>>
>>74707939
synths are a staple in both though

metal just means heavier and more hardcore(screaming/downtuned guitars)
>>
>>74708002
same

community shadowbanning lmao
>>
>>74708063
We should do this with every annoying tripfag
>>
>>74708010
I wanted to be different.
>>74708032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urHYTDZcadM
Is this prog-metal or prog-rock? Why?
>>
File: 1501887502747.jpg (37KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501887502747.jpg
37KB, 1400x800px
>Mars Volta is considered Prog Rock
>discography is pretty heavy
>>
>>74708081
i don't know much about music theory but the riffs and melodies are more metal than rock desu
>>
>>74707985
>>74708002
Go ahead, Continue to hide your problems rather than facing them. You could have told me to fuck off and I just might have but now i'm going to be the most annoying tripfag that this board has ever paid witness to.
>>
>>74708081
rock just isn't that high of bpm, plus all the drum rolls and melodies
>>
>>74708147
So you've been here like what... 10 minutes?
>>
>>74707766
prog rock - rock with effects

prog metal - rock with effects and screams

>>74704978
white supremacistphobia just makes sense. people are afraid of a extremism that breeds fanaticism because it turns people into radicals, who then drive vans into crowds of people and exposes themselves up. its more of a culture thing honestly though, you could have an alternate universe where the middle east is mostly self-declared christian and the west is primarily islamic and things might not be different. either way in USA white supramacist attacks are higher than islamic terrorist attacks its stupid to deny that white supremacist has a really nasty reputation for shitting out crazy people, and it actually disservices people who have been killed in these hate crimes attacks. we have to talk about how we're gonna handle this shit before things get even more out of control and leads to shit like past civil wars and other aberration

>>74704981 altright/KKK self-proclamed christians aren't real christians, they're false Christ will 100% reject them, because they're like phariseus who have hate on their speech and heart.
^^^^^

Certain white americans are really really stupid. Whatever war you think you have is lost. I'm black and brazilian and i plan to move to USA as soon as possible and marry some blondes and have childs. I know your biggest fear is to have a country blessed with multi-colors, races and cultures. Hmmm. Thats not make sense at, since that exactly diversity is on your DNA, and ... america culture that is basically a mix of various global culture. But i'll contribute to this beaitofil country and bring other friends anyway.

@ American white girls i can't wait to penetrate all of you. I know you are waiting.
@ White male americans, hahahah i'm sorry. #MoveToMars
>>
So prog-metal is prog-rock but more wanky?
>>
>>74708302
I've been here longer than you've been alive buckwheat.
>>
This is terrible bait OP
>>
>>74709079
You think that was bad. Watch this.

It wasn't bait.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.