[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be the beatles in 1968 >manager dead >all the members

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: TheBeatles68LP.jpg (30KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
TheBeatles68LP.jpg
30KB, 720x720px
>be the beatles in 1968
>manager dead
>all the members hate each other
>completely out of ideas
>got a label deadline coming up
>just write a bunch of half assed songs separately because they can't stand working together
>decide to make it a double album so they can charge more money per copy
>tack an 8 minute harsh noise track at the end to fill up time
>pretty much just ripping off the velvet underground
>cant even be fucked making an album title or cover art
>pull track order out of a hat
>literally no viable singles
>whole album is literally just shitposting

>everyone proclaims album as genius, sells like wildfire
>fast forward 50 years
>defining tastemaker of hipster music fans proclaims it as the best beatles album
>just in time for a reissue
>$$$

based
>>
dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis dog penis
>>
>>74699679
>b-b-but revolution 9 is a musical masterpiece
>>
>>74699679
>harsh noise
Fuckin' pussy. Easy listening musique concrète at best.

Also, it's ripping off all those electro-acoustic guys whose dicks the fluxus crew loved to suck. Yoko was a part of that scene and definitely told Lennon to do a sound collage.
If John had got the band in studio to improvise over 2 chords for 10 minutes with a shit tonne of feedbacking guitars, you could call it a Velvet rip off but the process by which it was made and the style of the piece are nothing like what the Velvets were doing.
>>
All fine and well, but what did you think of the album as a whole in general?

(And you forgot to mention that Ringo QUIT The Beatles half way through the recording sessions for about a month thus having the album released behind schedule)
>>
>>74699818
Should have been a single album.
>>
>>74699797
See >>74699719
>>
>>74699679
see>>74699707
>>
>>just write a bunch of half assed songs separately because they can't stand working together
The original demos for The White Album were all recorded together. https://www.beatlesbible.com/1968/05/24/demo-recordings-for-the-white-album/

>Revolution 9
>harsh noise

They almost never released album singles

---------
tl;dr: you literally have no idea what you're talking about. enjoy your reply
>>
>>74699679
Literally nothing you said makes it a bad album.

Since when does not having singles count as a negative towards an album?
>>
>>74699679
The white album is their 2nd best. After Magical Mystery Tour.
>>
File: whitealbum.jpg (117KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
whitealbum.jpg
117KB, 960x640px
>>74699679
take a lot of acid and listen to it
when you do, think of my work in progress joke involving the Manson family having to get off the floor to move the needle every time Rocky Racoon plays.
>>
>>74699679
It's their Life of Pablo
>>
>>74701349
Abbey Road > MMT > Revolver > White Album
>>
>>74701420
MMT > white > Revolver > Help! > Abbey Road
>>
>>74701450
Redpill me on Help! I never really got into it.
>>
Dear Prudence, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Martha My Dear, Blackbird, Rocky Raccoon, I'm So Tired, Yer Blues, Sexy Sadie, and Cry Baby Cry are all excellent offerings from this album. If anyone in this thread legitimately believes that this album is shit, listen to those tracks. That being said, I can understand rating this project pretty low as an ALBUM, considering it has pretty much no cohesion as a project. However, fronting like this album doesn't contain some of The Beatles best songs is ridiculous.

Also, friendly reminder to my friends here on /mu/: If you don't like The Beatles, shut up. You're not going to convince a Beatles fan to switch sides. I would recommend re-listening to their output without the whole "best band ever" hype, or a chip on your shoulder. If you still hate The Beatles, talk to Scaruffi about it.
>>
>>74701466
Time to listen again. The closing song is the only weak song on the album.
>>
There used to be a metal master white album german pressing on youtube that sounded fucking amazing. Anybody that can get one and pay at least 100 usd, do it.
Also, fuck whoever forced all the beatles tracks off youtube.
>>
>>74701466
Help! and Beatles For Sale are like two halves of a great album that never was.
>>
Can we all just agree that Happiness Is A Warm Gun is a 10/10 elder god tier song
>>
>>74701577
Help! already has 2 good halves.
>>
>>74701264
>recording is the same as writing

>implying trivialising revolution 9 as harsh noise is inaccurate

>they almost never released album singles
(Not true, by the way)
>>
>>74701353
Chuckled
>>
the beatles didn't release singles from their albums you dip
also tons of those songs could have been hit singles

>Back in the U.S.S.R.
>Dear Prudence
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Happiness Is a Warm Gun
>Blackbird
>Birthday
>>
>>74699679
>revolution 9 is harsh noise
Get the fuck out of here pleb im not going to address any of your other half baked ideas
>>
It's an interesting album in the beatles' canon, it's always had quite a burned-out feel to me, like they'd spent themselves on the psychedelia of Revolver and Sgt. Pepper and were in that weird post-trip phase, similar to the feel that Smiley Smile has. It's almost a more "honest" psych album in that way, it's less concerned with being far-out and weird and is more like Forever Changes in the way that it's informed by the ethos of psychedelia than dressing itself up in the aesthetics of the movement.
It's got some absolute shit on there (bungalow bill), but tracks like Dear Prudence and Martha My Dear more than make up for it. Also Revolver is the best Beatles album.
>>
its literally their best
>>
>>74699679
Not to mention Charles Manson basing his whole race war takeover thesis on it.
>>
File: photo.jpg (70KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
70KB, 900x900px
>>74699707
>>
>>74699679
Their best and THE best double LP ever top 5 all time easily for greatest overall records
>>
>>74701489
>forgets to recommend best song
pleb
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.