[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is this shit acclaimed? I made it through four

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Goat.jpg (589KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Goat.jpg
589KB, 1000x1000px
How the fuck is this shit acclaimed?

I made it through four tracks before giving up. Once that fucking spastic on vocals started screaming "I CANT SWIM" over and over that was it.

Nothing but jangly nonsense while a guy has literal seizures on the microphone.

Fuck you /mu/ you don't know shit about music.
>>
>>74697427
t. britt walford
>>
>>74697474
I literally do not know who that is.
>>
>>74697486
sure thing, mouth breather.
>>
>>74697474
>>74697493

Don't get me wrong, he's a nice guy, I like him just fine...

BUT HE'S A MOUTH BREATHER
>>
>>74697427
One of my fav albums, so Ill try and explain the appeal.

First off, I don't know if you are a guitarist but the guitar work on the album is severely underrated. Some really cool unconventional playing all over this album. Really great stuff, trying to learn a few of these songs is a fun time because most of the time it's cool to try and crack the nut of what Denison was doing.

Albini's production is perfect. Like, actually perfect. Every instrument is crystal clear. The rhythm section is heavy and hits like a truck. Makes the southern groove they carry sound that much better. The guitar tone is simple but perfect, and cuts through the mix like a knife. The band are at the top of their game and they sound like it.

Yow's vocals are perfect. Note that he doesn't consider himself a singer but rather a "vocal stylist." He always sounds panicked and spastic in a way that affects the psyche of the listener in a unique way. It isn't melodic, true, but hearing the yelps and shouts of a man who sounds like he's too terrified to be coherent over such a demented band is exhilarating in a way that is completely unique to the Jesus Lizard.

Once you acquire a taste for Yow's vocals it'll all make sense. Imagine how difficult it would be to get into a recording studio and convincingly sell the panic of sounding like a man being brutally tortured. Seasick, the song you mentioned, is one of my favourite performances of his. The guitar simulates being thrown around violently by a raging sea as Yow alternately panics as he realizes "I CAN'T SWIM" and tries to convince himself "I CAN SWIM" in a futile attempt to fight for his life. Really vicious stuff. Not to mention the part where the band simulates going under the water when Yow yells "AND TAKE A DIP" is basically genius beyond words.

Here's a video where Yow gets a bottle smashed on his head during a performance and gets up only minutes after to keep playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu9lUbf5GQ0
>>
>>74698164
good post
>>
>>74697427
>just now noticing the naked woman
>>
File: 1466517675159.jpg (32KB, 720x480px)
1466517675159.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
>>74697474
>>
>>74697486
How new
>>
Album is amazing bruh
>>
>>74698164
good post
>>
>>74698164
bad post
>>
>>74697427
bait
>>74698164
this
>>
>>74698164
nice bait
>>
>>74698164
Liar is better
>>
I CAN'T SWIM
>>
>TAAAKE A DIP

Nigga this album is dope. How pleb are you exactly?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.