[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say back in 2008 an artist gave you a CD containing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170804-153227.png (694KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170804-153227.png
694KB, 1280x720px
Let's say back in 2008 an artist gave you a CD containing demos of their songs. The artist then goes on to finish the album, but doesn't finish one demo they had on the CD. They then get popular, and in the future don't even acknowledge that the demo exists. Would it be wrong to finish the demo and put it out as your own track?
>>
If they don't care about it enough to deny its existence, it's fair game.
>>
>>74679923
this sounds oddly specific...
>>
>>74680026
It happened to me and I'm just wondering if it would be wrong
>>
>>74680069
yes, it would be wrong
>>
>>74679923
Why did you even think about doing this retard?
>>
>>74679923
Not only could it be wrong, but they could have copyrighted the demo already and just not released it. You'd be better off leaking it so that other people can enjoy it.
>>
Give them writing credits and you're good
>>
>>74680069
Who's the artist?
>>
>>74679923
Just make it and credit the artist as composer/writer
>>
That's wrong. Just leak it instead.
>>
>>74679923
gimme gimme
>>
Ask him?

If you just do it and get caught and he does mind, youll get sued like fuck.

Just fucking ask, jesus christ stop being a pussy.

Or better yet make your own songs
>>
>>74679923
They'll most probably have a back-up to prove that they wrote it, so no, unless you credit them as writer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.