[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm offering professional audio engineering advice. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: SE.jpg (204KB, 740x307px) Image search: [Google]
SE.jpg
204KB, 740x307px
I'm offering professional audio engineering advice. I'll answer any questions to the best of my abilities. I won't say any albums or artists I've worked with. Also, don't have me listen to 1000 mixes. Ask away!
>>
>>74669294
should I put in the effort to make puredata patches or should I stick to pirated ableton and other vsts
>>
>>74669294
Can you touch your bellybutton with the tip of your erect penis while standing up straight?
>>
>>74669294
You are A FAKE son of A BITCH MOTHERFUCKER
YOU ARE NOT REAL
FUCK OFF
>>
>>74669359
I should have said studio advice in the OP. I've never done puredata stuff so I can't really answer that. If you think it sounds fun and interesting then do it. If you're thinking about doing it as a switch to using a new DAW, I'd just stick with whatever DAW you can work best in.

Can't you do similar kinds of routing inside Abletons push and other editors?
>>
>>74669390
Yes but only because it's such an outie (outy?)
>>
>>74669294
Why are you such a faggot?
>>
>>74669294
What does an audio engineer do and what makes a good one
>>
>>74669294
Where can I find samples from drum machines from the 70's?
>>
who's your favourite bleep artist?
>>
>>74669294
is it worth buying a space echo or are delays in ableton good enough?
>>
>>74669536
not OP but records, surely?
>>
>>74669564
No, these:
http://www.bwloops.com/machines2/seeburgrp.html
>>
>>74669527
There's a lot of different jobs that can be audio engineering. Most commonly doing studio and live sound. Also people who develop analog gear and do tech work on audio equipment like amps.

A good studio engineer knows how to run a studio room, like the control room, console, keeping things fast and efficient, having a good ear (usually lots of experience) for getting good tones, and keeping everyone happy. It's a service industry in a way.

Live sound involves working with bands or other types of shows that need to be amplified. A lot of time things need to be laid out on stage well so that you can change over from act to act quickly. You mix the show for the audience, and make sure it sounds good and there's no feedback. Being able to work hella fast, organized, knowing about power and electricity and keep your cool even when people are being dicks is what i think makes a good live sound engineer.
>>
>>74669536
I would google whatever drum machines you're looking for samples from. Usually you can find packs just by searching Linn Drum Samples, 808, akai samples, etc.
>>
>>74669553
Delays in ableton are good enough. The space echo delay is really colored, so try filtering the delay either before or after on an aux.

Slate Digital makes a good delay with a space echo setting that sounds nice. The plugin is called Repeater

If you can get a space echo for no $$ or hassle you should for sure do it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.