[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck did the band that wrote Cowboys From Hell and Walk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: R-510962-1310496946.jpeg.jpg (222KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
R-510962-1310496946.jpeg.jpg
222KB, 600x600px
How the fuck did the band that wrote Cowboys From Hell and Walk manage to make something this foul and deranged?
>>
>>74667755
>foul and deranged
In a bad way or in a good way?
>>
Phil liked heroin a lot.
>>
>>74667785
Good, of course.
>>
>>74667755
How does that not make sense? They're the COWBOYS from HELL
>>
>Anselmo responded to Pantera's rise to being one of the biggest metal bands on the planet by becoming a paranoid, depressed heroin addict
>the rest of the band responded to their success by becoming full-blown alcoholics
>the relations between Anselmo and the rest of the band had deteriorated to such an extreme degree that the instrumental tracks were recorded by the band in Texas while Anselmo moved to New Orleans and recorded his vocals alone in Trent Reznor's personal studio

Thank heroin and depression, I suppose.
I still can't believe an album with Seth Putnam doing a bunch of screeching guest vocals on it ended up debuting at #4 on the Billboard charts.
>>
Floods is probs the best Pantera song
>>
>>74669276
this.

also too much alice in chains influence.
>>
>>74669347
I agree
>>
I wanna hear Phil and Seth tell racist jokes. There should be outtakes of that.
>>
>>74670491

Do you think Trent got butthurt at their racism?
>>
TGSTK was recorded when Pantera were just at that sweet spot of being experienced industry veterans, but hadn't yet run out of ideas.
>>
This is the only Pantera album I still listen to (the original, the remaster is fucking awful with Rex's Bass guitar taking up way too much space.

It's a varied album that caught Pantera in one of the darkest periods of their existence as stated in a previous post. They were not getting along, they despised the direction that rock was going with Nu-Metal gaining traction around this time, and also realizing that metal as a whole was losing its grip on the music industry.

These guys grew up on 60-70's rock and 80's speed metal and glam metal (hell they had 3 glam metal releases before Cowboys from hell) and realized that rock was dying. They could see that the writing was on the wall and even though they tried to fight it.

An example would be Phil stating on the Live album released after Trendkill "Out Hit? This is our hit! You won't hear this on the radio or TV...They say heavy music is dying! Well you look around and see how many of you are all here! Spread the word!!"

He knew that it was just a matter of time before it was over and their mediocre Reinventing the Steel album in 2000 was their final gasp before it ended for good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.