[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2013: /mu/ sets the trends, reputation as hipster indie tastemaker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1465627630012.jpg (19KB, 379x401px) Image search: [Google]
1465627630012.jpg
19KB, 379x401px
>2013: /mu/ sets the trends, reputation as hipster indie tastemaker elitists
>2017: /mu/ talks about top 40 and rap, reputation as autistic teenage memers
What went wrong?
>>
>>74664834
I still think the gookmoot has something to do with it.
>>
>2013 /mu/
>not just autistic Kanye and death grips threads
>>
fantano happened
>>
Actually it was around 2009 when the the cancer known as poptamism started to take hold. Rap was also given a mega push in yuppie music publications while guitar rock was ignored or thrown in the trash.
All the dude bros that used to listen to korn started listening to skrillex and EDM exploded in popularity and was turned into the garbage music we all know today.

You know, hipsters used to be different, they used to value the obscure, weird, but then something happened, i cant tell what, i almost want to say it was a government psyop, but then the hipster went so far up its ass it became convinced that listening to top 40 pop music (music that is popular with everyone) was subversive. When it actuality it was the embrace of mediocrity and an ideology portrayed as socially liberal that masked the reality that poptamism is just consumer capitalism masked under the guise of some socially liberal bullshit about identity politics and how beyonce is important because she is a le strong black woman™
>>
>>74664855
pretty much

2013 was just DEATH GRIPS LMAAOOO and WHEN YEEZUS DROPPIN

2017 is the same thing but with tastemaker trap and grimeth
>>
>>74664834
cultural marxism
>>
poptimism killed it

pitchfork pushed it
>>
>>74665285
i'm pretty sure record companies began marketing their albums as pop with "deeper meaning" by giving money to more "hipster" review publications like pitchfork. beyonce's lemonade is a perfect example of an album with no depth trying to cash in disguised as a deep commentary on racism and sexism, it was getting panned on sites like rym until a few reviews came out hailing it as genius, then the score pretty quickly jumped up
>>
>>74664834
I think you're forgetting that literal 12 year olds can shitpost on /mu/ on their phones during class now. The entire site has lost most of the creative force and influence it had 5 years ago
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.