[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I write better lyrics, /mu/? Everything I write sounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Cxg11TDUcAAdJcu.jpg (52KB, 583x648px) Image search: [Google]
Cxg11TDUcAAdJcu.jpg
52KB, 583x648px
How do I write better lyrics, /mu/? Everything I write sounds like the last artist I listened to.
>>
>>74658970
What kind of music do you make?
>>
>>74658970
Keep a journal around or type the lyrics out on your phone whenever some nice lyrics come to you.
>>
>>74658970

gain experience life

fastest path is hanging out with hobos while on LSD but that can also get you killed
>>
>>74658985
I want to be a rapper.

>>74659004
I keep notes on my phone, but they're all derivative.
>>
>>74658970
Read more poetry. It helps understanding how to put words together in an interesting way by themselves, without music.
>>
>>74658970
Just write strings of words as they come to you. After awhile ie. weeks whittle out the bullshit until you have something you can work with.
>>74659078
Fuck off bogeyman
>>
>>74658970
Everyone has good songs somewhere inside of them, but you have to write a bunch of shitty ones to get the good ones out of you. Keep writing.
>>
>>74658970
stop listening to music
>>
Write, write, write.

then write more, and write more, write until your fucking hand hurts and you're out of pen and paper

then get more paper and write more

honestly OP just keep fucking writing and eventually you'll find your style, if you have a good sense of the (presumably) English language you'll get there
>>
>>74659046
I meant to read poetry, but completely forgot, thank you.
>>
>>74658970
I feel like my lyrics are dumb too. I feel like the key is leaving them subject to change right up until you actually record the song. I mean, the melody and rhythm of the vocals matter more than what's actually being said imo, but I still want to have good lyrics. But for rapping, you could keep it pretty fluid even in the moment your recording and improvise some lyrics right? Keeping things up to changes is one of my main philosophies with writing music. I feel like a song will always be trash if you stick with exactly what you came up with when you first started writing it
>>
>>74659232
I agree too, I've found myself changing a lot once I actually get to rapping it, but I still haven't recorded anything. I haven't been able to write a full song.
>>
This is going to sound nuts but become more inspired by other medium. Like, write a song based off an old EC horror comic of a forgotten sci fi film. Stop getting inspiration from other artist's in your field.
>>
>>74659278
Yeah the jump from wanting to record to actually recording is a big one, and frustrating if your like me and everything you record is shit for a long time and still is most of the time.

>>74659304
Yeah, writing songs about stuff, rather than songs that are similar to songs that I like is a lot more fun to me.
>>
>>74659378

Just keep in mind original music influence is often found in other mediums.
>>
Write a song. Revise it over and over. Workshop it with other songwriters you know. Put it away for a while. Come back to it and revise it again.
Then record it.
>>
not op, but im also interested. what would be some interesting poetry to read written in a way similiar to how cLOUDDEAD write?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.