[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Bowie never recorded and never released Berlin trilogy, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

If Bowie never recorded and never released Berlin trilogy, would he still be so influential and famous?
>>
Bowie was influential and famous before the Berlin trilogy.
>>
>>74657813
Yeah but those albums solidified his legend status to a great extent
>>
Only to the serious fans, and many critics dismissed them at the time.
>>
>>74658051
I'm not even a big Bowie guy, but I came in here just to say fuck music critics. Now more than ever, they're the fucking cultural MS-13, but instead of giving you a Columbian necktie they subtweet you at some fuckwad who works for like, the fucking Quietus.
>>
>>74657734
influential and famous, yeah - the Berlin trilogy wasn't canonized right away and the only real hit single that came out of it was heroes. maybe he wouldn't be as well-regarded critically but he'd already made his mark before that
>>
Why wouldn't he be? Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust were both huge.
>>
>>74657734
Berlin trilogy wasn't commercially successful at all.
He basically fell of the map after Golden Years up until Let's Dance in America
In Britain, Ashes to Ashes was a hit, but not much else, I think Fashion did ok.
Heroes wasn't even that big when it came out.
So yes, he would still be so influential and famous
The real question is, would he still be liked on /mu/? Or would he just be considered a dadrock pop fag?
>>
>>74658261
he'd be contrarion-core like most dadrock and 70s pop
>>
>>74657734
>would he be influential and famous?
yes
>would he be very influential and famous?
yes
>would he still be SO influential and famous
obviously not you fucking retard
>>
>>74657734
he still had the glam albums so
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.