[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does happy / warm music often make me sadder than music that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: velocity design comfort.jpg (479KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
velocity design comfort.jpg
479KB, 1200x1200px
Why does happy / warm music often make me sadder than music that's cold and depressive?

Pic very much related.
>>
sweet trip is sad but happy sounding so maybe das why
>>
Envy?
>>
because it wraps you like a blanket and makes you realize that you have no one to hug and the only thing you have is that album.
>>
>>74652194
Where you are now, you are certainly not happy
Instead it reminds you of an earlier, more nostalgic time in your life when you were happy
Yet when you remember this you also feel a deep depression in the fact that times have changed and you'll never experience those moments again
>>
>>74652194
it's hard to relate to shit that's too happy

sadder shit helps you think 'hey my life doesnt suck this hard' or 'hey i relate to this' or 'wow i guess things could be worse'
>>
>>74652194
Maybe because you'll never be as happy and spirited as the music wants you to be, which maybe makes you feel guilty, because maybe you think something as fundamentally broken and despondent as yourself shouldn't be alive in the first place.

It's like running into a cute dog that only wants to cheer you up, and all you can do is continue frowning.
>>
>>74652194
happier shit isnt actually happy directly, its always underlinesd by a wistful melancholy... especially when you feel lonely its like oh man this is happy and sweet and I wish I could be happy and sweet and have someone to be happy and sweet with
>>
>>74652194
>Sweet Trip
>happy
Warm, sure. But half their material is about yearning and feeling incomplete and melancholy.
>>
>>74652777
sweet trips
>>
>>74653556
Melancholic music>sad music
>>
>>74653664
2 away from making a chain out of it get fuckin rekt kid
>>
>>74654127
my entire life is in shambles
>>
>>74652194
subconscious (sexual) frustration
orally ambivalent, dysfunctional patterns of thought

Unfortunately I don't know how to address these issues. The gf meme doesn't work, instead it makes everything worse. I try to live with the fact that others though are the only instance which is able to give me real happieness. That is why I help people a lot, even if it only costs me.
>>
>>74652194
this time maybe its true daa daa dada daaaa
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.