[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the 2010s have a defining sound? Think of 80s music for example,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 10s.jpg (14KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
10s.jpg
14KB, 620x412px
Do the 2010s have a defining sound?

Think of 80s music for example, you can easily tell when a song was released in the 80s.
>>
>you can easily tell when a song was released in the 80s.

pop music, maybe.
>>
>>74627256
It would pretty ironic if 2010's sound gets defined as "trying to recapture the 80s sound" from all the vaporwave and synthwave and shit
>>
The sound of producers trying to get recognition by shouting their names in the middle of a track
(ex. Mike Will made it and DJ KHALED!)
>>
>>74627272
That's not what irony means you fucking retard.
>>
Tropical house in pop
Lex Luger style trap percussion
>>
100 different iterations of 808s and ambient synths & samples
>>
>>74627256
trap triplet hi hats and snareclaps
also 808 bass on everything
>>
>>74627307
This and also pitched vocal samples EVERYWHERE
>>
>>74627256
Kind of
Danny Brown- Old Side B is sort of a culmination of all the major sounds of the early 2010s
>>
>>74627264
>pop music, maybe
The echoing drums are present everywhere in 80s albums, some recording techniques bled to all genres.
>>
overproduced shit with eardrum-bursting compression
>>
>>74627381
This. It's all there. Granted it's a bit outdated already, but the definitive 'sound' OP was asking for is there
>>
R A T T L I N G H I H A T S
>>
D U B S T E P
U
B
S
T
E
P
>>
File: 1484010942244.jpg (106KB, 681x494px) Image search: [Google]
1484010942244.jpg
106KB, 681x494px
>>74627256
>tfw dancehall won't be nearly as well remembered as 80's new wave synth
>>
the millennial whoop
songs with weird almost unpleasant sounding beeping noises as the drop
>>
Chainsmokers/Diplo type dance pop (songs with average lyrics but a ridiculously catchy beat breakdown in place of/after the chorus), future/young thug type trap and tropical hip pop
>>
>>74627307
this
>>
brostep wubs and skeet skeet trap beats

also >>74627272
>>
File: phonemenomicon.jpg (217KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
phonemenomicon.jpg
217KB, 1200x1200px
hopefully the good shit will stand the test of time
>>
/mu/ can't even define the 00's sound lmao
pathetic this board. the 80's is probably the only thing u kids can reference
>>
electronic hi-hats, 808s, wubs, and people saying skrrt alot
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 252x318px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 252x318px
>>74629695
now i remember why i hate this board filled with self-inmolating cucklords
die
fucking die
die
>>
There's so much going on nowadays that it's hard to pinpoint a specific sound. I would actually say music didn't fully begin until the 2010s. Everything leading up until now is so lackluster and sad.
>>
>>74629774
>ignoring david bowie, U2, the beatles and tupac..
>>
>>74630212
Nice list of old people music
>>
rattling high hats
wubwubwub
shitty autotune voice
>>
>>74629695
tell us about it then faggot
>>
"it's lit" and "shtraight up"
>>
sounds like product placement and commercials
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.