[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /mu/'s opinion on the second album "In

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IvI.jpg (225KB, 1002x500px) Image search: [Google]
IvI.jpg
225KB, 1002x500px
What's /mu/'s opinion on the second album "In the Wake of Poseidon" ?
I heard it for the first time yesterday after years of listening to In the Court but never gave any other album a try cus I'm a pleb
but holy fuck this album is amazing
i loved the first one so much so to me this is part 2 of the first one.
I wish i heard it earlier

anyway
what do you guys think of the Poseidon album
>>
It's ok, but Lizard is still their best work
>>
>>74618963
It's pretty good, but since it's pretty much a carbon copy of ITCOTCK it isn't as regarded.
If it came out first it would probably be the "classic" instead.
>>
>>74618963
In The Wake Of Poseidon suffers because it's such an obvious followup to such an amazing first album. Pictures Of A City is its 21st Century Schizoid Man, Cadence and Cascade is its I Talk To The Wind, In The Wake Of Poseidon (title track) is its Epitaph, etc.

That said it's still at least a 6-7/10 in my book. Devil's Triangle is a great track. Probably better than Lizard but worse than Larks.
>>
>>74619007
I feel this
I love Epitaph so much
hearing the title track (poseidon) was amazing to me last night.
especially since I was drunk, I felt like I was dreaming, hearing another version of "in the court" .
>>
>>74618963
Poseidon feels like it lacks its own identity until you reach the second half. Devil's Triangle is an extremely underrated track. To me Court's atmosphere is just unbeatable. I love it, and because of that Poseidon always falls a bit behind for me.
>>
>>74618976
tfw I unironically like Lizard no matter what fripp or /mu/ says
>>
>>74618976
That's a weird way of spelling Red
>>
>>74619380
This
>>
>>74618976
Lizard is great.

Thoughts on Centipede - Septober Energy?
>>
>>74618963
ITWOP is a great album whose main flaw is that it sounds very similar to ITCOTCK. As >>74618994 said, had it come out first, it would be revered just as much.

If you look at the tracks on it, though, they are just as strong as the ones on it's predecessor, if not even better at times. Cadence and Cascade is such a beautiful song.
>>
>>74618963
It's great, probably my favourite album cover too
>>
It's goodbye when I realized it literally follows the same structure of ITCOCK it really spoilt my enjoyment of it

I mean, the songs are amazingly well performed and it's fantastic prog but it really feels like a rehash of the first album.

This band can be so damn inconsistent
>>
File: IMG_9987.jpg (45KB, 668x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9987.jpg
45KB, 668x729px
>>74618976
First post unironically best post.

Lizard has the best atmosphere/flow and Is WAY more consistent in quality than other KC albums.
I actually have no idea why people don't like it
>>
>>74619380
The title track is shit and Providence is mediocre

Starless is godly though
>>
>>74623368
Wouldn't putting out a rehash of the first album make them frustratingly consistent though?
>>74618963
Eh, didn't like it much. I don't think it's a straight up copy of ITCOTCK, it's a much worse version imo. They caught lightning in a bottle with the first one, tried to replicate it with the second one, and couldn't. Even if ITWOP came out beforehand, I would look at ITCOTCK as an improved version of it.
>>
>>74618963
It depends on my mood which I like better. They could've released them as a double album
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.