[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you recommend to someone who has never listened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Mucoreclassical1750-1830.png (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mucoreclassical1750-1830.png
2MB, 1600x1600px
What would you recommend to someone who has never listened to classical music?
>>
>>74612563
I would advise against starting off with the classical era unless it's Mozart's Requeim (not that recording though) and Beethoven's 5th and 6th symphonies (all very accessible). The music in that era valued symmetry, form, and pleasantness which makes it seem "boring" to people who don't listen to classical music.
Start with Chopin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGRO05WcNDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75x6DncZDgI
and if you want orchestra, try this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKfGDqXEFkE
>>
>>74612696
lmao fuck this, i'll stick with rock
>>
>>74612563
Beethoven, The Baches. Jesus Christ man, just use YouTube. Like do you even post a fucking ESSENTIAL.
>>
>>74612563
Satie's Gnossiennes
>>
>>74612708
stay pleb
>>
File: 01-692155.jpg (87KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
01-692155.jpg
87KB, 400x342px
I'd unironically recommend something like pic related. It is easy listening, it will be quite a few tunes you already know and a lot more of a similar style. Short and bite sized, no long symphonies etc. You can move on to full works and more variety later.
>>
listen to teh Brandenburg Concertos
they got me into classical music, the 3rd and 6th Brandenburg Concertos really have a rock band feel to them because they're exclusively strings + a harpsichord and they were the first ones I heard

even after having listened to much more, they're still some of my favorite classical music
>>
>>74612696
I'm really liking his stuff.
>>
>>74612805
honestly, I think getting a big V/A compilation album is the best bet.
You wouldn't give a shit reading up theory and about composers when you can just play this and get into stuff that you'd enjoy more
>>
>>74612563
Start with Hildegard.
>>
>>74612563
>12th century
sequentia – canticles of ecstasy (hildegard von bingen)

>13th century
the hilliard ensemble – perotin (pérotin)

>14th century
gothic voices – the mirror of narcissus (guillaume de machaut)

>15th century
huelgas ensemble – o gemma lux (guillaume dufay)

>16th century
brabant ensemble – prophetiae sibyllarum (roland de lassus)

>17th century
le concert des nations – l'orchestre du roi soleil (jean-baptiste lully)

>18th century
trevor pinnock – six concertos for the margrave of brandenburg (johann sebastian bach)

>19th century
carlos kleiber – symphonies nos. 5 & 7 (ludwig van beethoven)

>20th century
yordanoff, tétard, desurmont, barenboim – quatuor pour la fin du temps (olivier messiaen)
>>
>>74612563
mozart symphonies or sonatas. melodic, pleasant, music that you don't have to focus on to enjoy. fuck symmetry-anon, it's practically pop music
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.