[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do musicans hate this record? Just started college and talked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1502574845267.jpg (11KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1502574845267.jpg
11KB, 220x220px
why do musicans hate this record?
Just started college and talked to a bunch of musicians yesterday in my music theory class and they kept whining how if the guy didn't have access to all that money. would have just been an avg alt-rock record with meh songwriting.
what gives?
>>
They're jealous, anybody with an art degree is a fucking idiot
>>
>things that didn't happen
>>
It's because the album doesn't have any real musical merit, it's just "important" for it's time.
>>
File: 1468014346825.png (67KB, 616x596px) Image search: [Google]
1468014346825.png
67KB, 616x596px
>>74608452
Kevin wrote good songs first and foremost and they are still good without all the distortion.
>>
>>74608452
that is one great moronic argument
>>
>>74608452
Because this album is trash? I would be suprised if anyone with a degree in music theory liked this record.
>>
I dated a girl classically trained in violin and who is getting a PhD in music and she was the one who introduced me to the album so your generalization doesn't really hold
>>
>>74608452
They're shit musicians
>>
>>74608576
i was classically trained in music (theory included) for 12+ years, you're wrong
>>
>>74608452
Anyone with a sliver of music knowledge will appreciate the alternative tunings and intuitiveness in guitar playing on this album
>>
>>74608620
me too 0.o wow
>>
You don't need to be well versed in music theory in order to enjoy the things you are hearing.
>>
>>74608452
because most musician's think only their skill is important and ignore the importance of production and sound design
the world is full of guitarists who just want to jerk off with their guitar playing the most complex stuff and then complain why their band is shit
>>
>>74608452
Almost every popular musician on earth speaks highly of Loveless
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.