[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of listening to French chanson if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: La Question.jpg (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
La Question.jpg
235KB, 600x600px
What's the point of listening to French chanson if you don't understand french? The music is literally based around the lyrics. ISHYGDDT.
>>
I do what I want.
>>
>Not being able to understand Hardy's French lyrics
Do Americans not learn foreign languages at school?
>>
>>74607813
chill out dude, its fun
>>
>>74607813
Because the voice and music are often beautiful, like Edith Piaf's voice is just beautiful, regardless of what she's saying

Like I don't care what they're saying but something like Jacques Brel sounds better than Sylvie Vartan, it may as well just be coincidental that the lyrics are more meaningful

Though when I think of say an artist like Ewa Demarczyk, I think the passion put behind the poetry makes it universally pleasing, regardless of the context

That said, people who just listen to French female singers because they like that aesthetic should be killed, French music is amazing if you don't speak French, but a lot of the most popular artists with English speakers are the least interesting who just happened to be beautiful women (like Brigitte Bardot)
>>
>>74607883
Surely, they would learn Spanish? French is not an important language there.

In Canada, we have French, but all the teachers were garbage (as in pretentious assholes) so I retained very little in my childish rebellion (and Canadian French isn't considered French by people from France)
>>
If the lyrics are the only thing that matters then why doesn't she just publish poems instead?
>>
>>74607984
Presumably the point is that the music is meant to enhance the poems rather than the other way around which is how most music is made, so while you can enjoy the music if you don't understand the words, you can't appreciate the intent
>>
File: laughing_ayatollahs.jpg (42KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_ayatollahs.jpg
42KB, 500x340px
>>74607964
> Quebecois ooga-booga vocalizations
> French
>>
>>74607964
>Canadian French isn't considered French by people from France
It's more tr00 kvlt old French though since the Quebecois are autists about it and the French have modernized/assimilated external influences.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.