[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the patrician version of ISIS? I can't listen to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: panopticon.jpg (42KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
panopticon.jpg
42KB, 628x628px
What is the patrician version of ISIS? I can't listen to them anymore because of their name.
>>
>>74597572
Rosetta if you want complexity
Cult of Luna if you want aggression
The Ocean if you want prog
Dirge if you want apocalyptic doom
Isis are OG though
>>
>>74597603
Thanks

Yea they're awesome but too bad they associate themselves with terrorists
>>
You're a retard.
>>
>>74597761
Okay why don't you go tell your friends and family that you enjoy listening to Isis and see what they say. You don't know...
>>
>>74597603
this thread is retarded but this post is fantastic.
thank you for these!
>>
>>74597572
fuck terrorism
>>
That's just the name of the band you fucking retard.
>>
Neurosis is the obvious answer.
>>
>>74597876
this, isis but better
>>
>>74597787
First, I've been a fan for over 20 years and I know AT personally. Good dudes all around. Most all of their bands since then rule too. It's a shitty thing that has happened with their name, but they obviously came first. Besides, listen to what you want, and fuck telling people (especially your dumb judgemental friends and family) what you listen to?!

Listen to Sumac, Aaron's new-ish band, Isis vibes and wearable Merch.

Retard. ;)
>>
File: 1501384737752.jpg (15KB, 354x286px) Image search: [Google]
1501384737752.jpg
15KB, 354x286px
>>74597876
agreed, Through Silver In Blood is great
>>
Thanks for all the recommendations I'm not retarded though
>>
No one really thinks you're retarded. It's a retarded thing to say though. It's disheartening to think that there are people out there that really think that way. We just want to help you op.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (64KB, 600x275px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
64KB, 600x275px
>>74597572
Old Man Gloom
>>
How the fuck do they book gigs now?
>>
File: 1495777390468.jpg (26KB, 410x368px) Image search: [Google]
1495777390468.jpg
26KB, 410x368px
tell them that they need to start reading up on Egyptian polytheism
>>
>>74597787
What does it matter what they say?
>>
They've been broken up for years...
>>
>>74598331
Old Man Gloom were so fucking sick.
>>
UFOmammut
>>
>>74597937
>Most all of their bands since then rule too
When is Jeff Caxide going to be on a major project again, his bass playing is GOAT.
>>
>>74597761
Oh but this site considers all Muslim people cancerous. It's fine
>>
>>74597787
Imagine telling your friends and family you were into dying fetus or disembowlment. You're not gonna be able to get into too much metal if you care about what normies think about the names of the artists
>>
>>74597876
Yeah, yep, uh-huh.
>>
Friendly reminder that Isis was an Egyptian goddess well before any rag-tag terrorist group decided to be shitty and fail miserably.
>>
>>74597572
I thought that panopticon had named an album isis
>>
>>74598331
this
and Santos' OMG posts are almost worth having a facebook account to see every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgmbKDEJW-4
>>
>>74597572
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
(It's an Egyptian god)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(given_name)
(It's a given female name)

Don't worry about what they say, OP, Isis as a name existed way before the terrorist group. Just tell them that it's a band and that it has nothing to do with the terrorists and it'll be fine.
You might as well pronounce it "Aset", which is the original pronunciation of the Egyptian god's name, but desu it would be better if you didn't hide it and just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>74597787
It's not the same as admitting you're a serial killer, is it? But you're surely making it seem as such.
>>
Bit of a gem I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Isis guitarist among some other collaborators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh8riI2yL4
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.