[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the longest it's taken for you to get into an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: fat-sp08_cover_hi-res-640x639.jpg (104KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
fat-sp08_cover_hi-res-640x639.jpg
104KB, 640x639px
what's the longest it's taken for you to get into an album?

when I was in HS, this was one of the hardest albums for me to 'get'. now it just sounds like normal music to me. is there a name for this phenomenon?
>>
>they're people on this board that unironically needed time to get into an album/genre
>>
>>74594769
you never revisited an album and liked it more the second time?
>>
>>74594809
no
>>
>>74594823
so you live your life always perceiving things as getting worse? well you fit right in on 4chan i guess
>>
>>74594823
i'm sure you're missing out on a lot of good music then. I used to think jazz was boring for example. though a lot of it is boring.
>>
>>74594752
>animal collective
what are you gay now or sex change?
>>
>>74594942
post-op trans
>>
>>74594898
>>74594856
i've been listening to music for 22 years now. i can tell when something is good or not.

sorry if your ears aren't trained. music isn't a hard art to understand. compared to literature, film or fucking paintings
>>
>>74595230
ok, so what about those first 3-5 years
>>
>>74595294
idk i just listened to whatever was on the radio
>>
>>74595230
>>74595230
you're either a troll or really fucking retarded. Music is like a jigsaw puzzle, you need the context given by listening to certain genres in order to properly understand other genres with similar elements (ie you need one puzzle piece to connect to another one. Nobody fills in a puzzle in a checkerboard patten, yet you claim to). Kill kys yourself
>>
>>74595230
>sorry if your ears aren't trained
apology accepted
>>
>>74595531
>music is black and white because i said so
i think its you who is retarded. if you've listened to 1,000s of albums after awhile you can detect what sounds you like and what you don't.
yikes stop being offended.
>>
>>74595230
>i've been listening to music for 22 years now

either you are exactly 22 and full of shit

or

almost 40 and mostly full of shit
>>
>>74595586
im 29
did u guys not listen to music when you was 7??????
>>
>>74595556
"Musical enjoyment only arises from the use of specific sounds in a track."
what is form
what is lyrics
what is context
what is intended message vs perceived message
>>
>>74596078
what is subjective opinion?
>>
>>74594752
Acquired taste is the term youre looking for
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.