[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to buy this synth, the Korg MS20 mini. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ms20.jpg (67KB, 600x298px) Image search: [Google]
ms20.jpg
67KB, 600x298px
I'm going to buy this synth, the Korg MS20 mini. It's 500 usd but I wanted to ask /mu/ first if is it worth it or if anyone knows any other synth around that price. Im mostly interested on this one because it's semi modular and it looks fucking cool
>>
File: 6757656465.jpg (42KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
6757656465.jpg
42KB, 640x628px
>Korg
>>
it's cool as shit and super fun to play around with, but if you're hoping to play live with it I'd recommend something else that actually lets you save the sounds and get back to them quickly without fucking around with knobs for 20 minutes. Also it's sort of annoying that the only audio jacks are 1/8 inch, so if you're wanting to plug into an amp you're gonna need an adapter.

I love mine and it works great for what I use it for (home recording exclusively)
>>
you can get it used for like $300

i would also look into the microbrute and monologue. ms20 has an amazing sound though. i think the monologue is the only one that has presets, if you need that for live stuff as the above poster indicated.
>>
>>74592761
Got mine on ebay for $350 used with bonus patch cables the seller was getting rid of, don't pay $500 for it.
>>
>>74592761
http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/Keyboards/acapella-18/315760-

Have a read through this. It might open your eyes to some of the stuff that is out there.
>>
File: 1502249020863.jpg (91KB, 477x566px) Image search: [Google]
1502249020863.jpg
91KB, 477x566px
Best sound bar-none at that price point.

Doesn't have arpegiator, sequencer, presets or any "modern" shit built in.

This is most a hinderence and a blessing, as it will teach you a lot about synthesis but it will certainly make you work for it.

Find one used for less than $400

Do it faggot, you'll buy more synth hardware anyway.
>>
>>74592761

The MS20 was my first ever synth, and to this day is one of my absolute favourites.

The lack of presets (instant presets, as these do come with a patch book) forced me to learn synthesis in a way i don't believe i would have if i'd had the option to just scroll through factory sounds.

And they do look fucking cool. Proper iconic design.
>>
I've had one for a few years and always thought it sounded shitty as a synth, even with the HP bass boost and feedback tricks. The ESP/filters are god tier and make it worth having around even if you don't like it as a synth.
>>
>>74592812
wow this guy's a moron
>>
i love synthesizers, they could be a part of a space ship or some shit
>>
>>74592761
i've been debating getting one myself for a while
based on the kraftmusic demonstration it seems fairly powerful for the price, and has a nice tonal quality to it imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZXlggPinI
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.