[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You wanna know how i know you are mentally cucked, /mu/? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 5

File: who are you.jpg (89KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
who are you.jpg
89KB, 900x900px
You wanna know how i know you are mentally cucked, /mu/? You let a person who doesn't even play an instrument dictate to you what is quality. He does not even understand music theory more than you do. If you cant even discern and acquire taste on your own, stop listening to music. Anyone who listens to non musicians to form their opinions should stay very far away from art because in actuality you are droid. Fuck right off.
>>
He is funny though
>>
Am being baited into revealing the fact I know he plays the bass?
>>
>>74591557
he does play instruments
>>
I disagree with his reviews fairly often but I still check out most of the stuff he reviews and I've discovered some artists I really like this way.
>>
>>74591557
He plays and he has more musical knowledge than you
>>
>>74591557
He is a decent bass player
>>
>>74591598
you dont listen to him for entertainment robo, you worship his law
>>
>>74591557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhs8XXFn7Sc
>>
>>74591770
No
>>
>>74591557
>You let a person who doesn't even play an instrument dictate to you what is quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
>>
>>74591782
that person has a point, death grips is for angsty teens, wise adults would never consider it music, its literal momentary noise with flashes of melody guised in rumbuntous rythm, its aids music
>>
>>74591846
omg, so thats where aids came from
>>
Fantano plays bass retard
>>
Could anyone on this site please make a constructive and thought-provoking argument without dipping it in vitriol and bullshit? Please? I'm begging y'all.
>>
Fantano plays bass, keyboard and guitar.
>>
>>74592129
He has more musical knowledge than most of /mu/. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>74592129
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>74592232
That's not even remotely true. I'll give you that he probably knows more about 2000s indie than most people on here but that's a given considering his age. But he sure as fuck doesn't know more about music than your average daily or chart thread poster. I mean, this can be easily seen by just glancing over his twitter. He posts random yt links to (relatively) unkown music that gets reccd here constantly often enough. His knowledge doesn't go beyond most of the users here, and that's not saying much.
>>
>>74591557
I LIKE HIS MEMES

YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, DAD
>>
>>74592129
you do realize this is like 99% reddit now right

most if not all the sane people left this shithole and are leading normal lives

the people that are left here are filled with fear so they take it out anonymously by lying.
>>
>>74592674
shit
>>
>>74591557
>implying fantano is anything more than a meme
>>
>>74592763
hes influencing a new generation of sheep, anyways this problem is much bigger, it concerns critic culture in general, there is such thing as merit, but there is also such things independent thinking, human beings have been giving weight and praise and stigma to the caliber of what is not warranted, music is reciprocal of emotions anyways, so what is adored by any person is a deep attachment that can evade rational thought, and again this is not even the case all the time, objectivity can be verified as well
>>
who is that
>>
>>74593668
i think you'll find more of those drones on youtube than on mu
>>
Does anyone else eat their meals to Fantano's videos and pretend to have a nice dinner conversation with a friend or something?
>>
>>74593668
YES

HIGH FIVE

FUCKING LOVE THIS GUY

>>74592763
HE'S LAYERED IN IRONY YOU FUCKING CUNTS WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT

he fucking essentially brought 4channers out of their containment WHICH WAS THIS FUCKING SITE HELLO now we've got memers everywhere that don't realize they can be backtraced/DDOS'd

fucking amazing world we live in.

met this 28 year old who worked for the government who couldn't stop saying nigger because he was fired from his last job for saying "nigga" in front of a cop and this guy is whiter than Ed Sheeran.
>>
>>74593781
reddit spacing
>>
>>74593854
yeah i browse 4chan and reddit

does that trigger the special snowflake inside you?
>>
>>74594021
yeah
>>
>>74594056
sorry.
>>
>>74591977
wise adults listen to dad music, tho
>>
>>74594249
not just dad music, you patrician
>>
>>74594249
which is made by tradional musicians who have made seminal works
>>
>>74591782
>poptimism in a nutshell. retarded as fuck. You don't even have to like Death Grips to realize what this guy wrote is completely idiotic.
>>
>>74594288
The world "traditional" is pure cancer, it associates with retrogade, obsolete, and dealys humanity's progress
>>
>>74594429
you associate with /mu/ which belongs on 4chan so your opinion holds no value

see what i did there?
>>
>>74594429
traditional meaning an actual musician, not sampling or have 30 producers for one track or rely completely on effeccts from technological advancements, soundscaping is not a sole venture it must be accompanied by song structure, with resonant melodies, you moron
>>
>Critics

Is there a profession any more worthless?
>>
>>74594584
those who cant do, talk
>>
>>74594595
damn.
>>
>>74594595

I agree. The only time I ever pay attention to a critic or perceive them to have any type of authority is when they're a successful, established person of a field performing a critique. Eg. Gordon Ramsey reviewing food.

About the only value I see in critics is that they sometimes expose me to something I may not have otherwise heard of.
>>
>>74594493
I didn't state my opinion, therefore you did nothing
>>
>>74591557
He does play an instrument. Besides, I don't let him develop my opinions for me. I merely respect his opinion.
>>
>>74594690
>is pure cancer, it associates with retrogade, obsolete, and dealys humanity's progress

we can't all be on that side of yours, honey.
>>
>>74594668
for that there is journalism, a good journalist is impartial and just accurately reveals information, not this media artifice of today, it actually refelcts the condition society today, critics reviews and biased news is practical because people are much more influnced today than ever before, but thank goodness it is fought back with cynicism and fact checking but even now its getting blurry, people state facts and studies left and right as if its the day of the weeek
>>
>>74594751
so TMZ are the good guys
>>
>>74594429
tradition is the base of EVRYTHING, its the set standard of all foundations, this does not negate new, but gives new a platform to stand on, and if it worthy of implementing it becomes part of tradition, you relativistic fool
>>
>>74591557
>a person who doesn't even play an instrument
https://youtu.be/qsKjzWd06lY
>>
>>74594770
is TMZ impartial? you mental minion
>>
>>74594802
i forgot my question mark, jordan. pls forgive me.
>>
>>74594802
no but seriously the masses only focus on the most popular coverage anyways sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

you calling me a mental minion is like a manchild calling someone a normie.
>>
>>74594890
no im saying you dont possess astute observational skills and ask other people to dump error in your own brain, get the fuck off this site and go live life, read books, create things, make friends, go to church
>>
>WAAAHHH WHY IS HE SUCCESSFUL AND I'M NOT
>>
>>74594930
>get the fuck off this site and go live life, read books, create things, make friends, go to church

nah, m8. i'm safe here.
>>
Wow he sure is a MELON am I funny yet
>>
>>74594947
wtf would anyone want to be a meme
>>
The way /mu/ fucked up was when it started looking to music reviews for:

>objective rubrics for artistic value
>impartiality
>information
>hierarchies

When what you should have been looking for was:

>wisdom
>humor
>personality
>personal philosophy

Music reviews are prose, that's it. There's no way to score art as if it's a sport. Music reviewers aren't supposed to be fair or unbiased or music theorists or anything like that. They're supposed to be clever, entertaining, and they're supposed to provide you with an insight into how they approach art and music.

All you guys hate Christgau, and it makes me think you don't get it. You don't get that the reviews aren't about saying what art is better than other art. That's impossible. The reviews are more like creative nonfiction, short philosophical pieces, little windows of engagement into the pop music conversation.

Don't take it so seriously.
>>
>>74596511
Interesting. Fantano provides none of that though. He isn't smart, he definitely isn't funny, and his personality and views aren't interesting in the slightest.
>>
Who's posting this? Spectrum Pulse?
>>
>>74596511
To bad it takes the guise of objective scrutiny, then admit it is not criticism, it's an opinion piece displaying sentiment, I don't care how someone feels about my work, this is great for bar talk or friendly conversation nothing more, don't institutionalize the work of charlatans
>>
>>74597046
they've collabed, so no.
>>
>>74597046
Whose that
>>
Anthony actually has a PhD in music theory and plays the instrument I'll have you know
>>
>>74597138
>PhD

No one with that degree of knowledge produces "works" of that quality
>>
>>74591557
I just watch his reviews because I have no friends to discuss music with pls no h8 :(
>>
>>74598372
>what is /mu/?
>>
File: 20years.jpg (29KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
20years.jpg
29KB, 620x670px
>>74598461
>/mu/
>actual music discussion
>>
File: IMG_5997.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5997.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
fantano used to play bass in an experimental band called taiga. besides this i know he owns a keyboard and likely knows how to play it (why would he have it otherwise) and im pretty sure also guitar, especially assuming he has bass experience and they are both structurally similar instruments.

dont be a fucking idiot and try to act like fantano is just some dumbass who people are slaves to for opinions on music. the only people who do that are still at an incredibly entry level of music and when they get more in to it will realize that its stupid and develop their own opinions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKjzWd06lY
>>
>>74591625
Comment of the year
>>
>>74591977
People listen to music for more than just melody.
>>
>>74591557
Your bait is shi-

Oh wait, never mind.
>>
>>74591625
>implying bass is an instrument
>>
>>74598592
he makes shit music so more than likely his opinion is shi.......
>>
File: 1438668958532.gif (3MB, 185x215px) Image search: [Google]
1438668958532.gif
3MB, 185x215px
>>
>>74598592
>autistically spazz out on a bass for 4 minutes
truly a legendary and great musician
>>
>>74591846
I've said it before, but this should be the biggest meme on /mu/.

Anyone who's played in even semi successful local bands all know a sperg like this who can't play for shit but is an elitist about taste. They never get any of the pussy btw.

Anthony Fantano reviews are nothing more than some adjectives from a shithead, they are absolutely worthless at their base.
>>
File: 1499650683190.png (1MB, 900x1174px) Image search: [Google]
1499650683190.png
1MB, 900x1174px
>>74591557
OP is a fag
>>
>>74600089
You don't have to assassinate his character, just tell them that his reviews mean nothing and critique culture in general is recreational reading and has no merit to be used for influence
>>
>>74600119
And you are a /mu/cus that comes from salivating bullshit
>>
holy motherfucking shit this thread is persistent
>>
I don't watch his reviews but sometimes watch his best tracks of the week (for the links in the description hehehe) but what I like about him more than most reviewers is he actually talks about the music. Too many reviews focus on the wider context which can be interesting but only when balanced with how it affects the music. I've read too many reviews where they hardly talk about the music. That's why I avoid pretty much all reviews unless linked to them. They are all done by nerds with shitty opinions. I don't need to hear some guys opinions on an album to work out whether I like it. They can be good for music discovery though which is why I still watch his weekly tracks reviews and defend Pitchforks BNM
>>
>>74600417
>>
>>74591557
i hate him so much and thinks he deserves death teebeeaych desu
>>
>>74600438
I don't go on /mu/ much anymore, is this an agree or a disagree?
>>
>>74591557
Whether he plays an instrument or not really has no relevance to the fact that you're a fucking retard if you like music depending on opinions that aren't your own. I've watched a few of his reviews and I barely agree with him on some songs. Only reason I watch his shit (I barely started like two weeks ago) is because no one I know discusses music the way I do, and I like how he analyses shit. Him saying something is good or bad means absolutely nothing to me.
>>
>>74598592
>>74591846
i actually kind of like it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>74591557
Spotted the angry nu-Gorillaz fan
>>
>>74600321
What u mean snitch
>>
OP is analyzing critique culture in general, fatasstano is just a scapegoat, the bigger picture is what you blankbrains need to comprehend. You don't have the mental dexterity to form your own opinion, your subconscious is paper thin, one thought enters your head it stays, so stay the fuck away from reviewers, this place is majority 16 year old anyway
>>
He introduces people to new music and that's perfectly fine.
His reviews are just his own oppinion what's wrong with that, you should know if you like certain type of music or not.
Grow the fuck up people, like whatever you want to like without feeling "guilty" about it. respect others oppinion even if you disagree and be open minded about music, and try to be less of a toxic dickhead.
>>
>>74601036
>introduces people to new music
>literally reads p4k and picks out albums from there to review himself
>>
>>74601036
>rating 1 to 10 as if you can quantify subjectivity
Not OP here, then he should do just that then, introduce people to new music, the review portion is over some and has done more damage to artist's work than good
>>
>>74600663
>>74591846
Yeah, this is great.
>>
>>74594562
nice olden day tune faggot shit music dude haha, I'm laughing so hard right now thinking of how smug you look listening to 'real music' played on 'real instruments' sniffing your own farts as you are awestruck at the harmony, greater than all of those 'non-traditional music' plebs.
>>
>>74596673
>
Your very post displays no fact, and is instead a series of baseless subjective logically unjustified opinions.
>>
OP is using "Cunt logic".

Saying you can't give your opinion on an album or music in general because you don't play an instrument

Is like saying you can't give your opinion on a movie without ever directing one

I don't judge music based off of it's "complex" instrumentation, I judge it based off of how good or bad it sounds no matter the simplicity or complexity
>>
his channels are nice to play in the background so i don't feel so alone
>>
>>74591557
I'm aware that his knowledge of music is very limited and that he's got awful taste sometimes, also that his descriptions of the music mostly just consists of buzzwords. But I just like hearing people talk about music in general so I'll watch literally any reviewer on youtube, even melon.
>>
>>74601339
I'm 21 you imbecile, im sure you're the pride of your family, fucking goodness, you're a waste
>>
>>74601743
Did you even read the thread or what OP said you blind dingus
>>
>>74591846
how would he review this track? would he think its good? its not
>>
>He gave the money store a 10???!!!!

Fuck off OP.
>>
Nigga are you fucking dumb
>>
>>74591625
i'm pretty sure he also plays piano and guitar
>>
>>74603925
kek good try you fucking faggot
>>
Dun dun dun
>>
>>74591977
>wise adults
actual confirmed dad
>>
>he doesn't play musical instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3WfaI2WEo
>>
>>74605075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfQjUPKoWF0
>>
>>74591625
hahaha baited so hard
>>
music is only good for song structure and melodies
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.